The Laundry Attendant maintains constant supply of clean linens for the hotel. Performs all stages of linen processing including collecting transporting sorting weighing loading and unloading (washers dryers and chutes) ironing folding storing and delivering) during the overnight hours. Cleans laundry machinery and laundry area.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
* Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
* Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
* Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service-oriented manner.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
* Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Employees must at all times be friendly helpful and courteous to guests managers and fellow employees.
* Understand operation of washing machines and dryers.
* Wash and dry all dirty linens towels rags etc. as directed by management.
* Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained.
* Operate iron as per standard and ensure that it is shut off at the end of day.
* Fold linens/towels and stock linen carts as required.
* Always practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests and fellow employees.
* Sweep and mop laundry floors storing all linens off the floor.
* Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality's policies and house rules.
* Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry carts.
* Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris.
* Maintain clean work area.
* Attend meetings as required by management.
* Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Welcome to Extended Stay America - Arlington - Six Flags. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studio suite rooms featuring a fully equipped kitchen. something guest won't find in a typical hotel.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
* Term Life and AD&D Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* 401k Retirement Plan