A Little Bit About Us
COMMUNION is a Full Service restaurant & bar started by mother & son team; Chef Kristi Brown & Damon Bomar.
We are upscale casual vibe; local & sustainably focused; community minded ; family owned operation
Our cuisine, We call Seattle Soul. This is a style based in the traditions of Soul cooking, with inspirations from our experience of Seattle's Lush Cultural Landscape. What does that mean? The best example we can give are found in our Catfish Po'Mi; A marriage of between the New Orlean's style Po'boy & the Vietnamese Banh Mi, both of which are based around the French Roll, our Po'Mi features; fried catfish, pickled daikon carrots & jalepenos, housemade cajun remoulade & with our housemade pate.
Another good example is our Smokey Berbere Grilled Chicken; and ode to Ethiopian & Eritrean cultures of Seattle; this dish features berbere, a spice blend integral to the cuisine. We created out own rendition of a Berbere marinade, slather on a half chicken, grill it to perfection & serve it on a bed on Lemony herbed lentils. Its fire!!!
Our style is centered around flavor, spice, preparation, and feeding your soul!
We lead with love, we work hard, we treat you with respect, all while getting paid.
If that sounds good to you! We would love to have you on the team!
What we offer:
- $18 - $20 (Depending on experience)
- + tip pool (extra $8 - $10 per hour consistently)
- Health Benefits
- Dental & Vision
- Paid Time off
We are very busy right now. We've experienced a lot of press since opening in December 2020. Our reservations are booked until the end of June. We do not say this for the clout, we say this so you know the job comes with consistent hours & pay!
We are looking for a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef's specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef's instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry's best practices
- Culinary school diploma
Thank you & we look forward to hearing from you!!!