The general manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our Moe's Southwest Grill. This includes ensuring that all guests are satisfied with their dining experience, overseeing the development and performance of managers, shift leaders and team members. In addition, they are responsible for optimizing profits by utilizing Sterling Systems.
* Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant to ensure guest satisfaction and increased profitability.
* Ensure 100% guest satisfaction in areas of Quality, Service & Cleanliness. If that goal is not met, respond to guest complaints, taking any and all actions needed to ensure that the dissatisfied guest becomes a regular guest.
* Provide direction to team members regarding operational and procedural issues. We do it the Moe's Way!
* Maintain an accurate and on-going staffing needs plan for your restaurant. Interview prospective employees and ensure the 4 steps of staffing are followed.
* Develop all team members by providing ongoing feedback. Conduct performance reviews to establish and evaluate performance goals.
* Create a work environment that is known in the community to be "the place to work".
FOOD SAFETY AND PLANNING
* Must be ServSafe certified.
* Must be certified Moe's Manager.
* Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness and maintenance of exterior, kitchen and dining areas. In doing so, you must maintain a score of 90% or higher for all city/county health inspections and Steritech inspections.
* Ensure compliance with Moe's/Sterling Operational Standards. In doing so, you must maintain a score of 90% or higher when The Rose Inspection is conducted by Moe's corporate personnel.
* Maintain a professional image including cleanliness, uniforms and appearance standards.
* Manage food flow from ordering, receiving, storing and serving to ensure high quality product, proper portioning and low waste.
* Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect guests, employees and Sterling assets.
* Ensure a safe guest and working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Complete all necessary reports in a timely manner in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
* Effective shift management.
* When receiving a Moe's Gotta Know or mystery shopper report, investigate any complaints or problems and make a plan to improve operations.
* Adhere to Sterling standards to increase sales and minimize costs. Must meet sales, labor hours and food/paper cost goals.
* Utilize the monthly P&L to analyze areas for profitability improvement. Make an effective plan & implement to increase profitability.
* Responsibility to ensure that all financial reporting (invoices, personnel, payroll and administrative) are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with Sterling policies and procedures.
* Book one spirit night per month according to Sterling policies and procedures.
* Provide a strong presence in local community by having a high level of community involvement by the restaurant and personnel.
* College degree preferred but not required. Previous restaurant experience is a must. A combination of related experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
* Knowledge of computers (MS Word and Excel)
* Must possess a valid drivers license.
* Must be eligible to work in The United States.
* Must agree to a background check.
* Self-discipline, strong initiative, leadership ability and outgoing personality.
* Pleasant, polite manner with a neat, clean appearance
* An effective motivator.
* Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and team members to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
* Must possess good communication skills.
* Ability to effectively multi-task.
* Ability to perform effective interviews to determine the experience and qualifications of job applicants.
* Ability to effectively supervise 15-25 team members to achieve desired goals.
* Weekly work week should be 50 hours. Occasionally a manager's hours will vary to ensure the proper operation of the restaurant.
* Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting items and supplies weighing 50 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
* Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level as well as delivering caterings as needed.
* Work with hot, cold and hazardous restaurant equipment. Operation of phones, computers and other office equipment.
* Reports to district manager for his or her area.
* Completes job responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner and in accordance with Sterling policies and procedures.
* Maintains a harmonious working environment that will maximize team member morale, tenure, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
* Always be a positive representative of Sterling Restaurants to team members and the community.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.