The ideal candidate has a strong passion for culinary excellence and a keen eye for detail.
Key support with Executive Chef and Management in day-to-day operations and an opportunity to collaborate in this showcase restaurant. Directly support and facilitate all food planning, co-creating, ordering, preparation, production, labor, quality & cost controls for all food and catering facilities that meet Good Eats Group standards of quality. In the absence of the Executive Chef coach team members in sharing the Good Eats Group Culture, concept vision and curate the development of all team members.EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Support the hiring, training, supervising, scheduling and participating in activities of the culinary team and other personnel involved in preparing, ordering, cooking and presenting food in accordance with established quality and productivity standards, cost controls, and forecast needs.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with guest to promote food products and supporting staff activities. Share feedback from guests, social media outlets and team members, share in the collaboration to take action to implement agreed upon suggestions for improvement. Maintain working rapport with all team members for efficient operation and service to the guests. Support organizing and conducting meetings with the culinary team.
- Collaborate on the service style, guest engagement, menu creation with cross-functional team, participate in the implementation of new seasonal/regional menus. Present menu items for monthly, weekly, promotional and holiday marketing. As a partner to the Chef De Cuisine leverage menu offerings based on current food trends and regional tastes. Invent menu selections for special catering themes and parties in accordance with guest's budgetary guides and expectations. Confer with the Chef De Cuisine and other managers regarding any new selections and changes.
- Share feedback related to culinary team members performance, product quality and production flow; foster continuous improvement where necessary.
- Support the audits for food storeroom items and direct items to maintain consistent quality products that ensure adherence to all health code requirements. Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness standards throughout kitchen(s) including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
- Special projects and assignments for continuous improvement.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
· Assist General Manager in daily operations, cultivating team member development
· Estimating annual food budget, creating event offerings and drive food sales through all revenue channels
· Observe the latest trends in food presentation/pricing and menu offerings
· Monitor food preparation, plate presentation, sanitation and guest service during peak periods to oversee restaurant operations
· Maintain team member schedule for proper staffing
· Repair or report any equipment in need of repair or replacement to
· Perform other duties as requested, such as VIP parties and team meeting meetings
· Participate in the Manager-on-Duty Program as designated by the General Manager
Frequency Key: Rare, Occasional, Frequent, Constant for lifting enter estimated lbs. at 10, 25, 50, 50+
Physical Activity Frequency
Walking, climbing stairs, Crouching/Bending/Stooping Constant
Near Vision Constant
Far Vision Frequent
Lifting/Carrying (# lbs.) Occasional - 50+lbs
Assimilate into the Good Eats Group culture through collaboration, understanding, supporting, inclusion and participating in all element's management training and leadership guidance. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Good Eats Group from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
OSHA laws require the use of the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety:
- Safety Shoes (slip resistant)
- Use of gloves/mitts (latex, vinyl, plastic, fabric. metal)
- Back belts for heavy lifting
Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned SERV Safe and Food Service Sanitation Certification. All team members to be hold active SERV safe, Food Service Sanitation, Allergan certificates. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost equipment that does not fit properly, to your General Manager.
In support of the Chef De Cuisine, positions during solo shift directly reporting to this position (titles):
· Line Cooks
· Prep Cooks
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Ø Considerable knowledge of mathematics (addition/subtraction/multiplication/division) to create and interpret reports, budgets, and forecasts.
Ø Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight into marketing, cost and wage control.
Ø Extensive knowledge of food products, standard recipes, and proper preparation.
Ø Ability to analyze, forecast, and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
Ø Ability to read, write, speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
Ø Ability to safely operate complex food preparation machinery.
Ø Ability to work in confined spaces
Ø Ability to supervise a large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
Ø Ability to work in an environment with extreme temperature ranges (hot and cold).
Ø Effectively conduct meetings, menu briefings, and maintain communication lines between team members and management personnel.
Ø Ability to stand, walk, and or sit continuously to perform the essential functions of job for extended periods of time.
Ø Ability to effectively deal with external and internal guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy. Ability to collect accurate information from these guests to resolve conflicts.
Ø Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations, distinguish product taste, texture, and quality, and evaluate presentation and preparation.
Ø Artistic ability to create theme menus, ideas for ice carvings, decorations, etc.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS EDUCATION
Four-year college degree in related field preferred. Culinary Degree preferred
At least four years in a related field preferred. Minimum of two years in culinary management preferably in a similarly sized operation.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must be able to obtain state health department certificate for food safety, sanitation. Hold a current SERV Safe and BASSET Certifications. CPR/First Aid certification required.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability is strongly preferred.
- The hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.