The acting General Manager position will promote, manage, and coordinate the daily operations of the hotel. It will increase hotel revenues and savings, improve efficiency, and increase brand loyalty in the local community. The Support Manager will step in to cover any PTO, fill in as needed, assist when called upon and any additional times that may be needed.
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotels that are supported by the management company operates either on a hybrid (24 hours a day and 7 days a week) or weekly model ( 11am-7pm ), so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Positions and forecast the hotel to achieve maximum revenue weekly, monthly, and quarterly to increase ADR (Average Daily Rate) and REVPAR (Revenue per Available Room) along with Star Reports.
- Contributes to the achievement of "perfect sells" on typically sold out nights and reduce "no-show" credits and revenue lost due to an improper guarantee method.
- Projects and maximizes revenue by positioning the daily inventory to allow for unexpected reservations and additional revenue that would otherwise be obtained by the local competition.
- Strategizes on al daily basis with the hotel team to ensure inventory and potential revenue information is clear and understandable so all involved can contribute to the "perfect sell".
- Becomes familiar with sales and budget goals and develops plans to achieve them. Acts as liaison between the local community and the hotel.
- Participates in sales activities to ensure brand awareness and maintain rapport and communications within the local community.
- Actively maintains all accounts receivable information and direct bill account status as well as ensures prompt return of unpaid bills and invoices.
- Conducts accounting audits on a daily basis and reviews reports to ensure consistent accounting practices and procedures are being implemented.
- Inspect guests' rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance using provided checklists in the Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- Renders lockout and eviction decisions.
- Provide online Signature training to new associates. Cover front desk shifts accordingly. Conduct sale calls and parking lot shops.
- Ensures exceptional customer service to all guests and protects guest privacy and safety when within reasonable control of the position to do so.
- Manages human resources aspects at the hotel; this includes, but is not limited to: interviewing, recruiting, hiring, disciplinary action, counseling and progressive discipline, terminations, mentoring, federal labor regulations, documentation and retention, employee file maintenance and training.
- Ensure adequate supply of tools and resources for Associates to effectively complete tasks in accordance to company, guests, and brand standards.
- Attend and participate in scheduled Webinars.
- Ensure response to and reporting of guests/Associate incident/injury claims.
- Reviews and/or sends/completes reports from prior day's business.
- Prepares and/or sends daily reports and bank deposits.
- Answer/resolve guest complaints and problems.
- Coordinates and conducts associate training and development; as direct by General Manager.
- Adheres to all companies' policies and procedures including but not limited to guidelines published in the Standard Operating Procedure and Associate Manual.
- Maintains visibility and availability to guests and associates.
- All Associates must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance. (Specific standards outlined in Associate handbook).
- Follows safety and security procedures and rules.
- Knows department fire prevention and emergency procedures.
- Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor. Reports accidents, injuries, near-misses, property damage or loss to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma preferred. Any combination of