About our Company:
Bunkhouse is a hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community. Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of hospitality projects including Hotel San José, Hotel Saint Cecilia, Austin Motel, Hotel Magdalena and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
Bunkhouse offers a liberal working environment that encourages individuality and creativity. We offer a superior benefits package to employees who work 20 hours/week or more that includes:
* Highly subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
* Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability coverage
* Short Term Disability coverage
* Generous Paid Time off (Full Time)
* Free stays at Bunkhouse hotels (Full Time)
* 401k with company matching
* Employee Discounts
We're looking for someone with:
* High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Six (6) months related experience in the hospitality or service industry with accounting experience
* Good Communication
* Positive Attitude
* Eye for Detail
* Adhere to all standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos and oral instruction
* Ensure each guest is promptly recognized, greeted and assisted, during their stay
* Check in and out all hotel guests in a confident, professional and friendly manner
* Take hotel reservations accurately and efficiently
* Generate flawless accounting reports within Property Management Software
* Complete a night audit in compliance with standards
* Ensure immediate response is given to any and all guest comments and concerns and inform immediate supervisor about concerns and assist in implementing corrective measures when deemed necessary
* Review, correct, print and disseminate the nightly audit packs to identified recipients
* Walk the property on nightly basis, log property discrepancies and immediately resolve all security issues, which may arise during this shift
* Open, secure and balance out shift banks to include the verification of all cash, credit card and room charge transactions during all shifts
* Promote and encourage guest name recognition at all times
* Maintain awareness of all guest services and amenities
* Ensure all calls are answered in a courteous, professional and efficient manner
* Maintain a high level of cleanliness and safety in the work area
* Maintain an increased awareness of safety issues throughout the property
Bunkhouse is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Bunkhouse Core Values:
* BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
* CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our creativity and passion to work with us every day.
* BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective communities by honoring, representing and supporting the communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of where they have been.
* EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when necessary.
* LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.