Opper Melang Restaurants is looking for experienced Line Cooks to join our team at Eastside Matador!
Located at 2424 E Burnside, The Matador has been a staple in the neighborhood for almost eleven years, offering excellent food, beverages and service to both our newfound and longtime Guests. Ours is a menu of extensive tequilas, fresh ingredients and bold flavors for our strictly 21+ crowd, and we feature Happy Hours twice daily to keep them coming back for more.
We are a bustling restaurant and bar, seeking exceptional team members who hustle and maintain a positive and friendly attitude at all times in order to ensure memorable experiences for our Guests.
Our Cooks contribute to OMR's Mission by serving up exceptional hospitality to our Guests in the form of perfectly executed culinary delights. They harness their wealth of knowledge, experience, skills and camaraderie to comprise an exemplary kitchen team.
Our Cooks are attentive to Guests' needs and make them feel welcome and important throughout their experience within our walls. Why? Because it's what we would want for ourselves as Guests; it's because as professionals, we care for our craft.
Our Cooks are responsible for ensuring the quick, precise creation of our menu items. They understand our ingredients and flavors and are proud of every dish that hits the expo window. They operate effectively and efficiently, always helping those around them who might need an extra hand. They move with speed and purpose, while always maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Finally, our Cooks bring their own unique flair to the more mundane tasks required of them, such as stocking, cleaning and organizing. We have always found that positive attitudes and enthusiasm during the small stuff translates into greatness when you've got bigger fish to fry! EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- - At least 21 years of age.
- - 2+ years of kitchen experience.
- - Maintains a current Food Handlers Card.
- - Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
- - Honest and reliable.
- - Energetic and self-starting with a "Guest First" focus.
- - Utilizes constructive learning and coaching approaches.
- - Professional appearance and demeanor. BENEFITS:
- - Sales Incentive Programs & Company-wide Contests
- - Discounted Meals During Shifts
- - Medical Coverage Plan (for eligible employees working 30+ hours/week)
- - Transamerica 401k Plan
- - Continued Career Development & Growth Opportunities
If we sound like the team for you, please reply to this post with your resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
kitchen: 2 years
Line Cook: 1 year