The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, synonymous with extraordinary service since 1892, invites you to join a new level of luxury Downtown Denver hotels. Home to a collection of 241 distinct guestrooms and suites, the hotel also boasts six unique restaurants and bars, a boutique spa and nearly 20,000 square feet of meeting space, making the Brown Palace as appropriate for an adventurous jetsetter as it is for a corporate-minded CEO. In addition to being a part of one of the most historic hotels in Denver, team members will enjoy many additional perks of working at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. These perks include discounted RTD Eco Pass, free employee meals, discounts on services/F&B at the hotel and Friends and Family hotel room discounts. Come learn more about joining our team! We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.
Assist Stewarding Supervisor and Restaurant Outlets in the cleaning and organizing of the Food and Beverage Outlets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties assigned daily by manager.
* Participates in the maintance of all kitchen equipment (flattop, stoves, grills and steam kettles). Swept, mopped and scrubbed kitchen floor. Wipe all kitchen shelves and counters. Empties all trash can in kitchen. Cleaned hand sinks and ensure paper dispensers are stock. Clean refrigerators inside and out. Ensure kitchen walls free from mold and mildew. Ensure kitchen is free from dirty dishware at all times. Special project assign daily by Executive steward.
* Ability to operate kitchen equipment.
* Ability to follow proper safety procedures and will practice health safety standards following the OSHA guidelines administer by Executive Steward.
* Responsible for accurately and efficiently completing all Job assigned by department manager.
* Ability to understand and utilize Safety Data Sheet procedures.
* Ability to work long hours. 1AM to 9AM
* Ability to maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen operation.
* Ability to use cleaning chemicals and cleaning equipment.
* Ability to work without supervisor present.
* Promptly and carefully sort soiled ware so that it can be put through the dish or pot machine properly. Quickly wash all ware and replace in storage areas as designated.
* Physical strength and stamina are essential to this position due to the high activity level.
* Keep dish machine properly cleaned and filled with water per hotel standards.
* Operate burnishing machine to ensure proper finish on silverware.
* De-tarnish and polish silver for proper appearance.
* Clean kettles, tilt skillets, pots and pans promptly and completely so cooks can carry out their work.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Knowledge of service ware and how to maintain same in order to compliment guest experience.
* Ability to push/pull service carts weighing up to 150 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to transport heavy objects through a crowded room with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.