Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
We're bringing the magic of Macy's to the exciting world of foodservice and changing the way our customers experience shopping. From full-service restaurants to fast-casual options we pride ourselves on giving our customers a chance to relax, refuel, and enjoy. The secret ingredient to our success is our team of skilled culinary workers who are passionate about food. We offer great job opportunities in restaurant management, culinary arts, food sales, and in-store Starbucks locations. Every role is different, so you're sure to find something delicious!
The Prep Cook's primary responsibility is to prepare hot and cold items into batches for future recipes use according to company and Health Department standards.
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Produce food products in batches by following recipes or build sheets according to company standards
- Demonstrate a current working knowledge of all recipes
- Put away stock according to standards
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Educate, sample, and serve customers food products
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty
- Follow station specific duties and responsibilities
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Follow production guides, maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company and Health Department standards
- Assist other associates to ensure all kitchen duties are completed and customer service standards are maintained
- Maintain a safe work area
- Assist with special events
- Perform other duties as needed
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- 1-2 years direct experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling and stooping
- Position may require working in a warm kitchen environment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
This job description is not all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under SFPC Art. 49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can review their rights and the Company's obligations under PC Ch. 9-3500 here.