Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our passion.
PRIMARY PURPOSE Establishes and maintains an efficient, cost effective care management process by determining patient medical eligibility for inclusion in Project CONNECT and by developing, implementing and monitoring individual patient plans of care and communicating these plans to patients, families, and Parkland staff to ensure quality patient care throughout the outpatient healthcare continuum and compliance with program/Parkland policies and procedures. Defined by the NIH-funded grant protocol that funds this position, Project CONNECT patient eligibility is restricted to those with 1 or more prevalent co-morbidities (diabetes, hypertension, chronic lung disease, chronic kidney disease, or heart disease) and an incident diagnosis of breast or colorectal cancer (stages I, II, II). Responsible for maintaining the knowledge and skill set related to care coordination, performance improvement and professional licensure and certification.
Education: - Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Must have four (4) years of hospital or community based patient care nursing, preferably in assigned clinical area.
- Prefer chronic disease management case management, utilization review, and/or discharge planning experience.
- Prefer three (3) years of experience working in an urban healthcare system.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following: o American Heart Association o American Red Cross o Military Training Network
- Prefer Accreditation for Care Management (ACM) from American Care Manager Association, American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Nursing Case Management Certification, or National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM).
- Prefer Texas Department of Health Targeted Case Management (TCM) 90- day training certificate.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of patients, families and healthcare staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of specific patient populations, and be able to demonstrate knowledge of disease processes affecting this group.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of PC operations and the ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software in a Windows environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Medicare, Medicaid and community-based funding sources.
- Must be self-directed and capable of priority setting and management.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
- Addresses social determinants in patient care plans.
- Utilizes creativity and innovation in attaining desired outcomes
- Uses a holistic approach and persists when solving problems.
- Works in a highly organized manner, capturing and attending to details as well as the bigger picture.
- Acts with a sense of urgency.
- Synthesizes information and shares it with a larger group.
- Works effectively in an ambiguous environment.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.