BASIC PURPOSE: Responsible for the oversight and management of all onboard related transactions across all three brands. Work closely with numerous levels of management throughout various areas of the business to assist in the preparation and review of financial results used to make business. The position is ultimately responsible for the accurate and complete reporting of all onboard transactions as well as the governing policies, procedures and controls within the onboard area.
- Direct, train and develop a competent team of managers, senior and staff accountants to provide an efficient and effective support function to the business.
- Responsible for accounting and reporting of onboard revenue and expenses including all guest-related revenue and direct expenses such as casino, shore tours and onboard concessions.
- Proactively lead projects related to the implementation of new revenue initiatives in order to assist the operations department in developing new revenue-generating strategies, while ensuring optimal system setup to enable automation and efficiencies and compliance with U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Review financial reporting packages and monthly results, analyze variances and trends and provide explanations to management for the related movements. Assist management in making informed operational decisions based upon the recorded outcomes.
- Understand the Company¿s operational systems and assist in the continual development and improvement of the recording of entries within the systems. This includes periodic reviews of current practices in order to identify potential deficiencies as well as assistance with special requests from the operational team.
- Provide senior management with weekly/monthly results and variance analysis to forecast and budget.
- Evaluate and review key policies, procedures, internal controls and assist in all related testing for the Internal Control Assessment under Sarbanes-Oxley as it relates to onboard accounting. Ensure controls are complete and accurate; risks and key controls are properly identified.
- Ensure all aspects of the monthly close process are completed on a timely basis.
- Oversee various system modifications / setup requirements. Establish effective accounting practices and procedures and ensure that they are implemented and maintained to provide appropriate controls and timely analysis for departmental operations.
- Responsible for the internal and external audit requirements and deliverables as related to onboard accounting.
- Perform other job-related functions as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance from an accredited university. Certified Public Accountant ("CPA") license, preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 8 years' progressive accounting experience with a preference on operational or cruise line accounting. Public accounting firm experience strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: Position requires a strong understanding and application of US GAAP as well as the application of Sarbanes-Oxley. Able to effectively and concisely communicate with varying levels of management via both oral and written mediums. Must maintain strong leadership skills in order to motivate and drive the team as well as keep projects on pace. Able to lead multiple projects at any given point, facilitate and lead meetings and solve problems while dealing with multiple variables. Strong decision-making skills are a must as well as the ability to quickly isolate potential issues based upon the fact pattern presented. The incumbent should demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills when functioning in their daily capacity. Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Office is preferred as well as background system knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials. Technical revenue accounting knowledge of US GAAP, specifically ASC 606 required.