We are a seafood manufacturing company (cold storage facility).
Directly supervises production employees in manufacturing activities of an assigned production area in such a manner that approved quality products are manufactured and/or delivered on schedule and within specifications and cost requirements. Coordinate and assist as necessary with developmental projects to meet concept and time frames. Review all new product formulations, process techniques and packaging to ensure compliance to existing regulatory guidelines.
Pay: $60-70k depending on experience
Shift: 3am start time, Mon-Fri.
· Directs work department to assure on-time production and/or delivery & Will report directly to the Production Manager.
· Motivate employees by giving positive feedback, always in a respectful manner
· Responsible for maintaining quality standards.
· Responsible for maintaining high employee morale and positive relationships.
· Responsible for teaching safe work practices, good housekeeping procedures and ensuring they are adhered to.
· Recommends changes or improvement in methods, equipment, handling or lay-out.
· Responsible for accuracy of required administrative reports.
· Frequent contact with office staff giving and/or receiving information
· Monitor adherence by personnel to food quality programs and procedures.
· Continually evaluate plant GMP and sanitation standards and programs by reviewing facility inspection reports and follow-up actions.
· Implement and comply with GMP and safety rules and procedures
· Perform GMP inspections.
· Ensure that HACCP, GMP and USDA standards are achieved and completed
· Support the QA staff by assisting in troubleshooting and resolving issues that may impact product safety or quality and interacting with regulatory agencies.
· Measure and manage productivity in the department to identify areas for improvement
· Effectively allocate production labor as needed on a daily basis to improve productivity
· Manage production schedules and processes to minimize overtime
· Bachelor's Degree preferred and/or 5+ years of food manufacturing experience
· 2+ years of supervisory experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Fluent in Spanish is required
· Excellent problem solving skills needed!