Do you like a challenge and want to partner in building something from the ground up? Harry & David, a subsidiary of 1800-Flowers, is opening a brand new Operations center in Atlanta, GA. We are looking for the right people to join our team.
The Supervisor is responsible for training, supervising, and coordinating hourly production/distribution employees in multiple areas on a single shift. This position is responsible for coordinating manpower requirements, maintaining quality within established specifications, arranging for repair of equipment, maintaining discipline, and providing for on-the-job training and administering other personnel functions. Additional responsibilities include training of processes and procedures, accurate and timely record keeping, documentation of employee activities, completing performance reviews, developing, and coaching direct reports to company expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Supervises between one to three areas during one shift.
- Conduct employee training verify team leader and other personnel duties and tasks.
- Coaches, counsels, and writes Performance Improvement Agreements when employees are not meeting expectations. Supervisor will have direct contact with Human Resources/ Employee Relations.
- Completes the annual Performance Development Review's for each employee and develops each employee through coaching sessions.
- Participates in departmental meetings and reviews all procedures for the department.
- Participate in cross-departmental opportunities including training, planning and executing processes and procedures.
- Achieves standards of efficiency, quality, and record accuracy. Assures production is performed accurately, timely and efficiently.
- Complete all supervisory paperwork.
- Verifies timesheets/ timecards.
- Schedule employees to the needs of the business and communicate staffing needs (requisitions) to upward leadership.
- Plan work assignments and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Use Basic Principles and confidentiality when dealing with coworkers.
- Reports unsafe or unusual condition of equipment, materials and product to Supervisor.
- Promotes continuous process improvement and waste reduction.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Interpret specifications, job orders and company policies and procedures for employees.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- Associates Degree or relevant work experience preferred.
- 2-3 years previous work experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to effectively provide feedback regarding departmental and individual performance.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Strong PC and systems experience preferred.