Sales Director, NorCal (Foodservice/Café/Hospitality)
The VP of Sales and Marketing
The Director of Sales (NorCal) is a senior leadership role within the Sales and Marketing Department. This position will be responsible for all Foodservice/Café/Hospitality sales goals for the NorCal region, including North of Fresno to the Oregon border. The overall objective of this position is to increase coffee and allied sales in both new and existing accounts within the assigned territories. As ABB is expecting to expand rapidly under this new leadership structure, the initial goal includes personally developing and expanding new business for the region (6-12 months,) while quickly hiring a team of experts to ramp up sales, manage customer portfolios, and develop the value proposition to the customer (trainings, consultative evaluations, technical support, etc.) This position will be based from a home office.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Responsible for generating new revenue targets for the company, as set by the VP Sales & Marketing, through the following channels in the NorCal region:
· Responsible for managing existing revenue goals for the company, as set by the VP Sales & Marketing, in the NorCal region:
· Responsible for Route Delivery customer service strategy for NorCal
· Responsible for communicating customer service goals and expectations with NorCal Service Technicians
· Responsible for hiring and training all new employees within the NorCal Sales team
· Responsible for managing all NorCal region trade shows with the greater Sales and Marketing teams
· Consistently promote our vision of third wave quality and training with the customer-centric support of a national institutional roaster.
· Manage weekly sales pipeline and account activities. Set team and individual Regional Sales Manager/Account Executive annual goals, meeting regularly with the NorCal team to ensure a positive team dynamic
· Create and maintain a culture of ownership, coffee passion, and authentic customer support with the NorCal team and be the ambassador for your team with all ABB managers across all channels.
· Execute regular face-to-face visits with personal portfolio as well as the Key accounts from each of the Regional Sales Managers, with the expectation of increasing ABB product penetration.
· Actively participate in customer concern resolution with consistent support and service to existing customer base. Resolve existing issues and determine solutions to prevent further concerns. Demonstrate complete "account management" over each account in the geographical area of responsibility. Be the first line of management response for any issues that arise in the region.
· Report to VP Sales & Marketing on a weekly basis the overall activities, opportunities, and outcomes of the team
· Regular Reviews of staff, including annual reviews.
· Review all Expenses, forms, New Customers, Pricing, and other administrative tasks for the NorCal team regularly
· Other Leadership duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications
· Must have at least 5 years of senior leadership experience in an outside sales capacity, managing accounts or selling directly to food service/specialty coffee operators.
· Experience managing a direct team of 5 or more people in beverage sales, especially coffee and allied products, is highly desirable.
· Ability to take C-level role in presentations with team
· Emotionally intelligent leader- able to manage each person on the team with tactics and goals that encourage ultimate performance from a diverse personality group
· May travel between 30-100 miles/day within assigned territory. Occasional trips to Roaster/HQ office in Oakland for meetings.
· Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required.
· Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Strong, collaborative, relationship-building, analytical and proactive problem-solving skills.
· BA/BS or equivalent experience.