Description/Job Summary Position Summary:
The Floor Technician is responsible for floor maintenance, restoration, and the operation of industrial floor care equipment in assigned location(s). Essential Functions:
- Maintains knowledge of principles of hard-surface floor maintenance and use proper procedures on hard floor care including stripping and refinishing, burnishing, spray cleaning, and spray buffing
- Utilize automated equipment for cleaning of large area of floor surface
- Use the proper procedures on carpet and upholstering including shampooing, damp surface, extractions, spot cleaning, vacuuming, etc.
- Operate the industrial floor care equipment as assigned
- Perform maintenance and restorative processes for all floor surface types
- Properly process all municipal solid waste (MSW) as well as infectious and pharmaceutical waste
- Remove trash, recyclables, soiled linen, used supplies, and equipment from assigned work area
- Disinfect receptacles and carts as needed
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by manager
- Previous experience as a floor care technician or in related role preferred
- Proven knowledge of floor care equipment and techniques required
- Must be able to follow safety procedures and precautions due to physical risks
- Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of up to 50 lbs.
- Requires occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of greater than 50 lbs
- Understand and follow employee handbook, policy and procedures, and payroll requirements.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.