Serenity Kids is cultivating health, equality, and sustainability through baby food high in healthy fat and protein and made with meat from regenerative family farms. We make children healthier by offering nutrient-dense foods that taste great to kids and are convenient for parents. We envision a thriving planet where children are fed, raised, and educated to be healthy, happy, creative human beings.
Serenity Kids is growing exponentially and is now the fastest growing baby food brand in the country! Within 18 months of launch, we became the fastest selling brand on the aisle in natural food stores. The baby food category is dominated by a handful of brands owned by large conglomerates that are in sharp decline, while we are growing very rapidly. In 2020, we had distribution in 3,200 stores, tripled our revenue and plan to continue the growth in 2021 by expanding our distribution and having multiple line extensions.
The Staff Accountant plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the business. The position requires a strong working knowledge in accounting combined with the ability to communicate effectively and develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers. S/he will be critical in helping scale and improve the accounting operations as we continue to grow. A self-starter that takes initiative, ownership over processes and is resourceful is needed in this role. The position will report to the Controller at Serenity Kids.
● Enter invoices and match receipts in bill.com
● Post payments to supplier ledger and keep track of payments that are due
● Perform and support monthly close and year-end close process duties
● Perform monthly account reconciliations as assigned to analyze, review, research and resolve discrepancies
● Review trade spend and deductions and file disputes for any overcharges
● Perform the company day-to-day accounting operations
● Identify, develop, implement and maintain systems, policies and procedures to promote appropriate internal controls, best practices and efficient and cost-effective processes
● Assist staff, management and internal/external partners with issues resolution
● Monitor areas of responsibility on a continual basis to identify process and efficiency improvements (e.g., automation)
● Assist with annual financial audit by providing support for items selected by external auditors
● Meet departmental goals and expectations and perform other projects as assigned
● Oversee area of responsibility in a manner consistent with the mission and values of the company
● Any other tasks that may be assigned
● A minimum of two years' financial accounting experience
● Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
● Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge and an excitement for growing our business
● Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills
● General understanding of accounting principles related to GAAP
● Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities (pivot tables, lookups, handling large data sets)
● Self-starter who is extremely results oriented
● Desire to excel and grow with the organization
● QuickBooks experience a plus
● Trade Spend / Deductions Management knowledge in CPG environment a plus
● Self-directed, proactive, detail-oriented, and an individual who takes ownership
● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
● Strong organizational and time management skills with a proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
WHY WORK AT SERENITY KIDS?
Serenity Kids is committed to supporting working parents. We integrate our mission to make the world healthier into everything we do by creating a culture that emphasizes self care, personal growth, and family time. We attract and retain top performers that will do whatever it takes to get the job done, while also staying healthy and having fun! Connection and autonomy are two of our top values, so working with us is an opportunity to join a supportive and collaborative community where you have the flexibility and freedom to get your job done however works best for you.
We believe in our own greatness, knowing that we can achieve anything if we stay connected to ourselves and each other, leveraging our unique talents and points of view, and trusting in the serendipities that naturally unfold for us. We joined this team to make the world better, while also realizing that it is a beautiful opportunity to make ourselves better as well. In this chosen tribe, we have diverse backgrounds and ethnicities, unique points of view, and even live in different geographies. We get to be who we are and grow into more of ourselves every day.
We are reinventing what it means to work, and are having a blast doing it.
Serenity Kids offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package, including concierge medicine for routine care in addition to more standard health/dental/vision, paid vacation, PTO, a liberal holiday policy and complimentary baby food products.
Serenity Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer