Dandelion Chocolate is a bean-to-bar chocolate factory in San Francisco's Mission District. We make chocolate from only two ingredients, cocoa beans and cane sugar, and travel to origins as often as we can to build good, trusting relationships with the producers who grow and ferment the beans we buy. Every chocolate bar we make starts with the bean, and now we're looking for a Temporary Pastry Assistant to help produce graham crackers, marshmallows, and drink bases.About The Job
Our pastries and treats are inspired by the distinct flavor profiles of the cocoa beans we source, which means our recipes are continually evolving within a unique creative constraint. Every day in the kitchen starts early and ends with the preparation of drink bases and baking off doughs to meet our daily goals. We are looking for a temporary pastry assistant who is excited to contribute to our pastry team on a temporary basis. This temporary position will start as soon as possible for about 4-6 weeks and pays $18.75/hour.About You
You are a master of consistency and refinement -- thorough, attentive, and precise with your work. Our success depends on how well we communicate with each other, take care of our own stations and messes, and keep our eyes on time-sensitive things like sugar on the burner. From preparing marshmallows for the upcoming day to refilling our inventory of chocolate drinks for the café, you willingly jump into the task with an eye for detail. We are looking for someone who is a good communicator, punctual, kind, fastidious, and eager to learn. You must be okay with working alone and with a small team.Responsibilities
- Prep work -- Prepare ganaches for hot chocolates so that the cafe can meet each day's customer demand. Cut marshmallows, bake off dough, and related prep tasks.
- Execute -- Follow through on daily assignments and keep up with production needs.
- Cleanliness and organization -- Keep the kitchen clean and organized and abide by all hygiene and safety best practices.
- Dish help -- Wash dishes, keep the space clean and organized.
- Team player -- Willing to work hard and jump in when needed (e.g. sweep floors, wash dishes, lift heavy items.)
- Other tasks as necessary
How To Apply
- Availability -- Available 4-5 days a week for 6-8 hour shifts. We are flexible on the days of the week.
- Prior experience -- Experience in a pastry kitchen or in culinary school.
- Passion -- A passion for chocolate and pastry!
- Proactive and detail-oriented -- You don't take shortcuts even when others might not notice.
- Communication skills -- You're a good listener who asks questions when something doesn't make sense.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude -- People like to work with you, you prioritize a team win over your individual gain, and you proactively help to make this a great place to work by minimizing any drama or politics.
- Physical strength -- Comfortable doing repetitive tasks and standing for long periods of time.
If you are interested, we'd like to see your resume and cover letter, including a paragraph about your favorite food experience or influence and what excites you about the prospect of working in a single-origin chocolate pastry kitchen. Keep in mind that we value passion, attitude, and hard work above just experience, so tell us what inspires you in food and why you would like to work with us.
Powered by JazzHR