Responsible for the preparation of high-quality airline meals in accordance with company standards, menu specifications and production schedules. He/she is also responsible for overseeing kitchen helpers in the preparation of meals, while meeting required safety, hygiene, and quality standards.
• Executes and supervises food production activities, e.g. proper cleaning, cutting, marinating, seasoning, cooking of food items etc.
• Assumes responsibilities of Executive Chef when he/she not available ie. Vacation, off-days, menu presentation to customers, etc.
• Supervise, coordinate and control kitchen helpers in food storage (e.g. maintaining tidiness, following the first in - first out principle).
• Conducts, coordinates and supervises inventories.
• Monitors material consumption and orders required food and equipment on a daily basis to satisfy the daily production plan
• Participates in the development of food products and menus as needed for menu presentations.
• Must be aware of content in catering manuals; conducts updates when necessary
• Executes countermeasures in the production in case of customer complaints
• Supports training of kitchen helpers
• Maintains and monitors hygiene, health and safety standards and monitors that Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations are adhered to.
• Maintains and monitors quality, conducts quality control checks according to HACCP regulations.
• Conducts quality checks of goods received.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with recipe specifications
• Ensure that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed.
• Guide, motivate and develop the subordinate employees within the Human Resources Policy.
• Make the company's values and management principles live in the department(s).
• Implement and control the cost budget in the area of responsibility; initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations.
• Participate and support company sponsored initiatives such as Global Quality Standard (GQS), HACCP, Lean Manufacturing.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Three to five years of experience in commercial cooking or Apprenticeship or Certification from culinary school required
• Knowledge of food and hygiene regulations (HACCP)
• Understand and demonstrate concepts of financial controls (ex: keep food cost within budget, control stock levels while being cost conscious, minimize waste)
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Service orientation
• Leadership skills
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications
Our Commitment to Safety
LSG Sky Chefs number one priority is our employees. We are committed to following CDC guidance and have established protocols to insure your safety.
If you enjoy a fast paced production environment with a focus on quality products and service, please contact us.