Ace Eat Serve
A MODERN AND EXCITING TAKE ON
ASIAN CUISINE. AN EXPANSIVE PATIO
AND OUTDOOR LOUNGE. DENVER'S
ONLY DEDICATED PING PONG EMPORIUM AND EVENT SPACE.
Recruiting Sous Chefs
The role of Sous Chef includes assisting the Executive Chef and/or Corporate Chef with the Ace BOH team. Responsibilities include reviewing financial performance, improving systems and upholding current kitchen operations, staffing/leadership/training, menu engineering, safety and sanitation, and floor shifts on the line or expo. The Sous Chef is aligned with the restaurant's business plan and goals while also ensuring that BOH employees are performing their job responsibilities and meeting expectations in all areas.
Reports to: Executive Chef, Chef De Cuisine
- Maximize financial performance and profit by learning to help with forecasts, cost center and labor goals; analyzing variances, and initiating changes to correct discrepancies. Achieve results by helping the chef team plan, communicate, delegate, and follow up as needed.
- Assists with training and development of new cooks. Able to work four to five line shifts to help maintain BOH labor goals.
- Assists and executes administrative duties as necessary and includes managing inventory, invoices, and scheduling.
- Helps with menu engineering and executing menu change responsibilities. This includes research, preparation of specials, organizing and assisting with staff tastings, writing menu descriptions, entering new recipes, and training BOH staff on proper execution.
- Expedites during services as necessary, checking all tickets and food to ensure timely delivery and correctness. Assists with prep as needed to ensure that the kitchen is never left without the resources and prep items needed for service.
- Assists with off site events or in-house fundraisers when needed. Responsibilities may include menu preparation, transportation, setup, service, and breakdown at events.
- Assists chef team with handling and delegation of BOH cleanliness, repair, and maintenance issues in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
- Follows procedures to maintain the safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets including building, equipment, and supplies. Ensures that all health department standards are met and maintained.
Leadership & Management Responsibilities for the Sous Chef:
- Sets the example as a leader for our staff by showing professionalism in handling all situations that arise during service and treating our staff with respect and dignity at all times.
- Helps create and foster a kitchen environment of teamwork, integrity, and a desire to put out excellent food through example as well as the expectations set for our staff.
- Operates an organized kitchen so that employees understand expectations and how to succeed. You are expected to:
- Assists the Executive Chef and/or Corporate Chef with communicating expectations for BOH staff. Follows up after both successes and poor performances at appropriate times.
- Assists the Executive Chef and/or Corporate Chef delegate individual projects and responsibilities to BOH staff when asked, holds staff accountable for progress and completing tasks on time when appropriate.
- Prepares qualified employees for promotion by continually identifying and developing candidates for leadership roles.
- Assists the Executive Chef and/or Corporate Chef in the hiring and training process. This may include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training.
- Attends and actively participates in all company-wide events.
Desired Skill Set & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous BOH management experience preferred
- Strong leadership and management skills, including ability to foster teamwork, provide feedback, communicate clearly, and resolve conflict.
- Working knowledge of RSI and Microsoft Office
- Positive demeanor and high energy level
- Willingness to work an average of 50-60 hours per week
Salary Benefit Package
- 15 days PTO (20 days after 5 years in management)
- Single restaurant full comp
- Manager on-site parking
- Dry cleaning reimbursement
3 Month Benefits
- 100% health insurance eligible, manager dining card, Eligible for gym memberships.
6 Month Benefits
- Company cell phone plan
- Bonus Plan: Varies based on completion of goals and company performance. Paid quarterly, must be salaried, manager on the first and last day of the quarter.
- Access to EAP program
- Free education seminars and training sessions