Loews Hotels & Co is a leading owner and operator of luxury hotels with a portfolio consisting of 26 hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Located in major city centers and resort destinations from coast to coast, the Loews portfolio features one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards and embrace their "uniquely local" community in order to curate exciting, approachable and local travel experiences for guests.
This position provides direction and leadership in a high volume, multi state environment to a dynamic sourcing, contracting and vendor management team and is responsible to create key enterprise-wide projects which provide cost savings and/or quality and/or process improvement, and outstanding internal customer service in support of the Department's annual goals.
This position will research activities while driving the contract and negotiation process with suppliers from the initial planning, research, RFP through bid analysis, negotiation of product quality, price, contract terms and execution of contracting initiatives that result in successful contracts that support the needs of our hotels and will conduct the initiative that leverages best practices and sound processes. This position will monitor the supplier's continual execution of timely delivery of products, out of stocks and substitute items and will oversee their own portfolio of contracts in which s/he will ensure the supplier meets contract commitments and that customers' needs are being met.
The Sourcing and Contract Manager will interact regularly with stakeholders at Local Hotel level, Suppliers, Procurement Services, Legal and Finance Staff. The Sourcing Contract Manager reports to the Sr. Manager Sourcing, Contract & Supplier Management.
* Lead and execute sourcing projects to include negotiation and pricing strategy development for supplier agreements, preparation of RFP's , identify and select all suppliers, supplier negotiations, business case recommendations, project management and contract execution. Manages supply contracts and ensures optimal contract terms and coverage.
* Source projects for a multi-location environment, including cross-functional team leadership of competitive bidding events and supplier management.
* Proactively identify opportunities for cost savings.
* Acquire and maintain a technical understanding of services/products sourced.
* Build /establish and maintain relationships with financial and operational team to ensure full understanding and support of sourcing initiatives.
* Track and report savings, spending compliance and variances to present to Associate Director of Sourcing, Contracting and Vendor Management.
* Leverage e-Business tools, such as spend analysis, supplier intelligence, competitive bidding, and contract management.
* Build and maintain supplier relationships; hold suppliers accountable to deliver contractual commitments.
* Create realistic timelines during initiative planning and then meet milestones to deliver high quality contracts.
* Keep supervisor updated on initiative status, promptly inform supervisor when help is needed to remove roadblocks.
* Responsible for supplier management of performance, quality and relationship management.
* Responsible for supply planning and analysis and supply market research.
* Must stay abreast of business requirements and market trends.
* Helps Sr. Manager of Sourcing, Contracts and Vendor Management manage the Avendra suppliers.
* Responsible for the supplier e-bidding platform to be set up with the best option of Punch-Out, EDI, or Trade Simple of supplier automatically uploading of bids that were contractually executed and arranges implementation set up.
* Assists Sr. Manager of Sourcing, Contracts and Vendor Management in contract development process, policies, templates, contract management system and related database.
* Assists Sr. Manager of Sourcing, Contracts and Vendor Management with supplier quarterly performance reviews, bid evaluations, product contract reviews and evaluate products.
* Assists Sr. Manager of Sourcing, Contracts and Vendor Management to track Loews Hotels Brand Standards and ensure hotels are utilizing correct product.
* Assists Sr. Manager of Sourcing, Contracts and Vendor Management to ensure the Procurement team is purchasing correct product from correct vendor on all Brand Standards and Non-Brand.
* Assist Sr. Manager of Sourcing, Contracts and Vendor Management with identification of OS&E Budget and Brand Standard Identification of Products for transition and new build hotels.
* May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs.
* Strong analytical, business process analysis and problem solving capabilities
* Skilled with technology based systems, including spend analytics and e-procurement tools
* Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Excellent oral, written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to interpret specifications and use sound judgment to make business decisions
* Effective time management and organizational skills
* High motivation and results-oriented work ethic
* Willingness to learn and understand sourcing best practices
* Supply chain knowledge
* Technical sourcing process knowledge
* Ability to conduct analyses required during a sourcing initiative
* Ability to build strong relationships with suppliers
* Ability to manage more than one initiative at once
* Strong attention to detail and process orientation
* Ability to perform analysis and interpret the results into actionable steps
* 3+ years of directly related supply chain or procurement experience
* Experience in the hospitality industry is preferred but not required
* Experience in OS&E, F&B, FF&E, Capital, Reserves and MRO preferred
* BS/BA in relevant field or equivalent years' experience preferred