Fort Point Beer Company is seeking front-of-house service professionals to join our team as we re-open several of our taprooms this spring and summer. Ideal candidates will have a passion for all things food, craft beer, natural wine & cocktails, a strong understanding of hospitality and customer service and must have a minimum of 5 years service experience.
Candidates must be comfortable with back-of-house work, and will be expected to prep, cook & assemble small plates, including hot dogs, sandwiches & salads.About Our Company
Fort Point is an independent San Francisco beer company made up of people who believe the simple things in life can be a whole lot better. Our approach to brewing is to make the familiar taste unusually delicious. We're influenced by the craft brewing tradition, but we're also allergic to dogma. We care most about making beers worth coming back to-beers that people are proud to enjoy and share with each other.
- Hospitality, make our customers feel welcome and help guide them through their experience with professional, educated and polite service.
- Help customers select from a menu of craft beers, natural wines, cocktails & food.
- Educate customers on beer styles and Fort Point Beer Company
- Front-of-house basics: Order taking; Serving Food, Snacks, Beer, Wine, & Softdrinks; Table, floor and guest expectation management; Opening and closing a cash register; Inventory control; Cash drawer management
- Back-of-house basics: Food preparation; Food assembly; Kitchen cleanliness; Sanitizer usage
- COVID-19 duties: to ensure the safety of our employees and customers, all Fort Point employees must follow COVID-19 safety protocols and will be provided with personal protective equipment and supplies as needed.
- With the support of EEOC guidance Fort Point is requiring all employees to receive a COVID vaccine, except in cases where not getting vaccinated is a reasonable accommodation based on disability, religious beliefs, or other situations. Any new hires will be asked to book a vaccine appointment as soon as they are able if they have not received a vaccine already. We believe vaccines will keep us and our communities safe and we will continue to follow EEOC guidance as it is updated. We will talk with and support every employee and prospective employee who has questions on this policy.
- Five years front-of-house service experience
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills in English
- Physical ability to stand up to 8 hours a day, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, and walk
- Hand and finger dexterity for grabbing, lifting, etc.
- Ability to move at least 150 lbs., and lift at least 50 lbs.
- Standing or walking for 100% of the shift
- Some holidays required
- Weekends required
Locations (you may be asked to work at one or more of our retail locations):
- San Francisco - Lower Haight
- San Francisco - Ferry Building
- San Francisco - Valencia
- Oakland - Rockridge
The Benefits (full time)
- Paid sick time, unpaid holiday time off, and 1.5x pay on company holidays where retail remains open (example: Memorial Day)
- Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Gold plan and 50% for Dependents
- Eligible for Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, and Identity Theft group plans
- Eligible for Pet Insurance group plan
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA pre-tax benefits
Powered by JazzHR