New Belgium Brewing Prep Cook
This is an exhilarating time to join an expanding company at our Denver International Airport location. We are currently in search of a friendly, excellence-oriented Prep Cook with a passion for food to join our team. We offer an extensive training program, a team-oriented environment and future opportunities for growth within a dynamic restaurant group.Who We Are
Working with us is more than a job! We are passionate about what we do. We are a family owned California-based company committed to reinventing airport dining. Our mission is to provide a unique dining experience with by providing great tasting food where travelers can relax and forget the hectic airport environment. High Flying Foods is a growing company that partners with exceptional local restaurateurs and offers opportunities to learn and grow within the industry.Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience of restaurant work or culinary training
- Open availability including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to read, speak and write (basic) in English to effectively communicate with coworkers and customers.
- Must be able to work as a team with coworkers to complete job responsibilities to meet service and quality guidelines
- Must have the ability to memorize and recite recipes, ingredients and other menu items.
- Must be able to convert measurements per recipe guidelines.
- Must demonstrate or learn proper knife handling skills and other kitchen equipment safety
- Must possess ability to perform basic sanitation practices
- Must possess a valid Food Handler's Card or obtain one during training upon hire as required by law.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, twist and kneel for duration of shift.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks.
What We Offer
- Greet guests in a courteous and friendly manner (as applicable)
- Follow all recipes and practice portion control to prepare, garnish, and present ordered items.
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the kitchen/station on a daily basis. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all required food, paper products, and condiments.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly.
- Responsible for set-up, regular maintenance, cleaning, and break-down of any machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storage of all perishables daily to ensure product quality.
- Complete prepped food lists and other checklists as required.
- Return all items used during your shift to the proper place, clean and organize all work and storage areas.
- Perform general and specific cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by manager to adhere to health standards.
- Meet with manager upon arrival to discuss shift set-up, and check out with manager before leaving to ensure duties are completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent work/life balance
- Competitive wages
- $250 after the completion of 2 weeks of training
- $250 after the first 30 days
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits with partial company contribution
- Paid sick and vacation
- Free employee meals
- Employee parking
- Employer Paid EcoPass
- Opportunities for advancement
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Records History Check and Security Threat Assessment (STA) to obtain an airport-issued badge and show proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.**
Powered by JazzHR