Here at Batson-Cook, the first thing we build is the relationship. We specialize in general construction in all the top commercial markets including healthcare, commercial, wood frame and more. We're looking for talented individuals to help us foster relationships with our clients while building projects that stand tall for generations. With competitive salaries and a robust benefits package, there is no better time to join us.
We are currently seeking Risk Manager in Atlanta, GA to join our family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- The Risk Manager takes part in the placement and administration of Batson-Cook's Subcontractor Default Insurance and Contractor Controlled Insurance (CCIP) Programs. This task includes participating in and organizing audits, communication with brokers, and intervention with subcontractors to negotiate premiums and coverages on Batson-Cook projects.
- The Risk Manager fields all requests for modifications to Subcontracts either at the time of bid or when they are submitted through DocuSign for all contracts and purchase orders for Batson-Cook's 7 offices. The Risk Manager negotiates with the contract managers and legal teams of our Subcontractors to develop addenda to our contracts if they are within the terms of Batson-Cook policy. The Risk Manager works directly with the Vice President of Risk Management to determine final language on these addenda - the contracts themselves are each signed by the Risk Manager in DocuSign before being finalized.
- The Risk Manager implements and maintains Batson-Cook's prequalification of all subcontractors across the 7 offices. This includes yearly and intermittent communication with all potential subcontractors, collection of prequalification information, review and analysis of the collected information, and coordinating with safety and additional financial reviewers to establish recommended single and aggregate exposure limits for each subcontractor. The Risk Manager works with the preconstruction team to determine potential risks on bidder lists for projects to ensure the subcontractors are vetted before awarding contracts. This task also includes the creation of risk mitigation plans in the event concern arises for a subcontractor.
- Review terms and conditions for and sign credit applications for new vendors.
- Maintain reports to track CCIP performance.
- Participate in crisis management activities in the event of an emergency at a project.
- Conduct post-project assessments of Subcontractor performance.
- Coordinate with safety manager when issues/incidents take place.
- Make site visits when necessary.
- Travel as necessary to present new rollouts at other offices, attend conferences, and continuing education.
· Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University and 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.