Position: Quality Assurance Lead
Department/Location: Houston Production Facility
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Headquartered in Orlando, FL, Kalera is a science and technology-driven company dedicated to growing the very best possible produce; it is smart horticulture at its best. As the technology leaders in urban vertical farming, Kalera focuses on clean, safe, healthy, tasty greens and on the efficiencies of growing locally in controlled environments.
Founded in 2010, Kalera has, over several years, perfected unique hydroponic growing methods combining optimized nutrients and light recipes, precise environmental controls, and clean room standards to produce safe, highly nutritious, pesticide-free, non-GMO vegetables with consistent high quality and longer shelf life year-round. With indoor facilities situated right where the demand is, Kalera is able to supply an abundance of produce locally, eliminating the need for long distance shipping. This means Kalera can ensure the highest quality and freshness by delivering product to customers within hours of harvest year-round. Kalera's plants grow while consuming 95% less water compared to field farming.
Kalera has recently opened a new state-of-the-art growing facility in Orlando, FL. With an annual output of over five million heads of lettuce per year, this new facility is the highest production volume vertical farm in the Southeast US. The rapidly constructed facility also demonstrates Kalera's ability to quickly build and open farms around the US and internationally. Having recently announced new facilities in Atlanta and Houston to open in early 2021, Kalera has aggressive near-term expansion plans both domestically and internationally.
For more information, please visit , along with supplemental media coverage:
· Kalera film
· Global Newswire article - Kalera opens new vertical farming facility in Orlando
· Forbes article - farm of the future
· Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue Visits Kalera
· Orlando Sentinel Article
Consider applying here if you want to:
The Quality Assurance Lead reports to the General Manager.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required.
· Previous HACCP training strongly preferred.
· 5+ years of experience in production, assembly line, or warehouse operations preferred.
· 2+ years in a QA or Food Safety role with production, assembly line or warehouse experience preferred.
· Experience leading and supervising a team in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to lead team in multi-tasking, prioritization, and meeting timelines on deliverable.
· Ability to mentor, coach and provide direction to a team of employees.
· Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Kalera, Inc. all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.