- Greets members and guests as they are seated at the table; ensures the table is clean and that utensils, napkins, and other needs have been provided.
- Distributes menus and presents the daily specials.
- Answers questions regarding the menu.
- Takes food and beverage orders and delivers them to the kitchen.
- Delivers food, beverages, condiments, and other requested items to customers.
- Ensures that food is prepared correctly and to members' satisfaction; returns incorrect or improperly cooked orders to kitchen.
- Collects plates and clears the table as customers finish their meals.
- Prepares customers' checks and collects payments.
- Assists with other restaurant tasks such as cleaning the dining area and preparing silverware and condiments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Well-organized with ability to take and place food and beverage orders accurately.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale systems.
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least sixteen years old (at least 21 years old to serve alcoholic beverages).
- Previous experience as a server preferred.
- Must successfully complete restaurant's training course.
The Gathering Spot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift, balance, and carry trays of food weighing up to 25 pounds.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Powered by JazzHR