SIGN ON BONUS***The Inns of aurora, llc core values
While our employees' skill-sets vary greatly from position to position, our core set of values remain the same. As an Inns of Aurora, LLC employee, learning and exemplifying these characteristics is a key part to your success. All Inns of Aurora employees are expected to demonstrate the following characteristics as defined in the Inns of Aurora, LLC handbook
- Respect for others
- Under the direction of the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef, the Lead Line Cook is responsible for providing quality and consistent pub style cuisine to the patrons of the Fargo Bar & Grill.
- Responsible for checking the closing duties at the end of the night and closing the kitchen with the dishwasher to ensure work and stations are up to the standards
- Maintain quality levels as set by Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chef, ensure they are adhered to especially in the absence of either chef.
- Prep food for service each day, including chopping vegetables, preparing sauces, etc.
- Prepare food items beginning with established recipes
- Maintaining equipment cleanliness and document (using eWorks) when things need to be fixed or reported.
- Complete Preplist
- Create daily specials and soups.
- Maintain and organize walk in cooler and freezer daily.
- Operate all kitchen equipment with efficiency and thorough understanding.
- Butcher and fabricate meat, fowl, and fish.
- Ensure compliance of all health code standards and safety requirements
- Check quality, presentation, and expiration of all foods.
- Work in team-oriented fashion in accordance with other line cooks and kitchen team
- Ensure all supplies are clean and placed back into proper storage area after use
- Clean stations, dispose of garbage, clean cooking surfaces, etc. during and after shifts
- Sweep and Mop workstations at close of shift.
- Stock stations with proper equipment and food items
- Assist with special events, as required.
- Attend all mandatory training and meetings.
- Assist with special menu planning.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Cross-train at other Inns of Aurora operations, as needed.
- Adhere to all Inns of Aurora disciplinary policies and code of conduct, as outlined in the Inns of Aurora handbook.
- 3 years high quality food service experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Highly developed sense of aesthetic and creativity
- Possess a working knowledge of basic knife skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively under fast-paced working conditions
- Ability to maintain neat, professional and clean appearance and practices
- Flexibility with hourly schedules, including weekend, holiday and evening availabilities
We are proud to offer outstanding benefits to all of our employees.
Full-time employees, those working 30 hours per week or more on average, are offered competitive medical, dental benefits, vision, life insurance, disability as well as generous paid time off packages.
Full-time and part-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401K program and supplementary benefits.
We are particularly proud to offer all of our employees a highly competitive employee discount at all of our lodging and dining properties.