Viva Chicken is a Peruvian Rotisserie Joint specializing in Pollo a la Brasa. Our menu is fresh, flavorful, and packed with inspired recipes that will transport your taste buds to the streets of Peru. Our fast-casual Peruvian Rotisserie Chicken and sides have grown in reputation and social media ratings since its inception on February 20, 2013! El Pollo mas sabroso de las Carolinas. Lo encuentras en Viva Chicken! Viva Chicken - Passion for Food, Obsession for Service and Love for People… #VivaCares.
The Viva Chicken Catering Manager will be responsible for restaurant level coordination of Catering orders. This role includes oversight of the catering for up to FOUR Viva Chicken locations serviced out of one location. We anticipate this role growing over time (as catering returns) to include soliciting and establishing new clients. The role may also grow into building sales by making "cold calls", coordinate sampling and deliveries of Viva Chicken "edible hello's"! Long term the role would include active involvement in "networking and community" events as well as giving a sales presentation to a group of potential new clients!
Initial job description includes responsibility for the entire order from preparation to the distribution process. Communicates with Management Team on upcoming catering orders so that the General Manager/Kitchen Manager are set up for success for planning and preparation.
- Committed to taking care of the Guest, going the extra degree to show "5-star service" and build catering sales.
- Receives daily (morning) calls and communication from the Catering Service Center to confirm all orders and delivery instructions.
- Leads staging catering orders day of delivery. Validates order accuracy including quantities, utensils, and order contents as the kitchen team fulfills orders.
- Assists with scheduling, training, and deployment of Catering Delivery Drivers to ensure proper execution and delivery of orders.
- Responsible for maintaining on-going rapport with existing clients including follow up calls and Thank You cards for each catering guest.
- Completes "prospecting" for new clients through either initial contact with dine-in guests, canvassing the trade zone and also during delivery of daily catering orders.
- At least 1 year of restaurant operations experience, preferably catering experience.
- Must exhibit a high level of professionalism, with excellent communication, oral and written skills. Must have exceptional organization skills and attention to detail.
- Must have valid NC driver's license and great driving record (Motor Vehicle Report).
- Must provide proof of personal automobile insurance (will be your primary coverage).
- Viva catering utilizes Aloha and Monkey Media.
- Pay Range from $45,000- $55,000/year (inclusive of gratuities - Viva will pay the Catering Manager 15% of the tips collected by the Catering Drivers).
- Quality of life work schedule. Expect a 40-hour work week (with the occasional Saturday catering).
- Paid Vacations - 1 week per year
- Opportunity to participate in Health Insurance.
- Management and Leadership development
Physical Activity & Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the Catering Manager is regularly required to stand for sustained periods of time, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push, pull, and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Some of the work performed may require exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to perform/endure above essential functions in a continuous manner in a normal workday without assistance or supervision.