Do you love food? Do you have a passion for the LA restaurant scene? Jacmar Foodservice Distribution, founded in 1959, is a major player in the Southern California food distribution industry. We are a privately held, solidly run company that offers a great benefits package, exciting new challenges, and growth opportunities! At Jacmar, we are committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success.
If you are humble, hard-working, and passionate about making a real difference in our Accounting team, and want to have a real, immediate impact on our company, Jacmar wants to be your platform for achieving the extraordinary.
Our Finance Department is seeking a Staff Accountant to round out their team and assume a leadership role in driving accurate financial and operational accounting with emphasis in reporting, analysis, financial performance management, and payroll management. The Staff Accountant, reporting to the Director of Finance, will be an integral part of the daily and month-end close process and responsible for generating the financial statements and related management reporting as well as payroll operations. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following responsibilities.
Month End Close
- Reconciling general ledger accounts
- Preparing and posting month-end adjusting journal entries for general ledger accounts
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports and related analysis
- Prepare variance analysis and calculations
- Reconcile bank accounts in preparation for month end close
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Manage timesheet collection, approvals, and processing
- Administer payroll deductions
- Process manual paychecks
- Assist with onboarding from the payroll perspective
- Prepare quarterly and annual submissions for tax/governmental compliance as needed
- Work closely with the Director of Finance on payroll related items and special projects, as assigned
- Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly business filings including tax, business use, and environmental (recycling)
- Develop and implement recommendations for improvement to accounting processes and financial practices
- Evaluate and maintain internal control structure of the company
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in financial transactions and broader financial processes
- Partner with Director of Finance to interact with public accountants during annual audit
- Create schedules as well as analysis in response to audit requests
- Prepare and distribute dashboard reports
- Develop and maintain KPI metrics
- Maintain licenses etc.
- Monitor business inventory and partner with management to identify and determine average cost
- Assist in various ad-hoc projects and corporate initiatives when presented
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or professional accounting certification (CPA/CMA)
- 5 or more years of progressive experience in corporate or general accounting
- Experience in both financial accounting and cost accounting (or operations interfacing)
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP, accounting policies, and procedures
- Experience with A/P & A/R with knowledge of inventory and intercompany transactions
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), organizational, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment within a fluid business operating state
Team members at Jacmar enjoy a fun and challenging environment with a wide range of competitive benefits. Benefits include comprehensive medical, vision and dental insurance coverage; paid holidays and leave; group life insurance, 401(k) match; and short-term/long-term disability coverage.
Jacmar is an equal opportunity employer. Our jobs are open to all applications regardless of race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.