PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The General Manager will coordinate, direct and manage day-to-day hotel operations.
* Embrace leading a solid team to being a better team, training and developing them to excel in their roles and continuously improve; motivate associates to exceed expectations of the guests; passionately uphold and elevate a positive work environment for the internal guests - our associates.
* The position is actively involved in the local community and builds strong relationships with local officials, businesses, and customers.
* Works through and with management team to drive revenue and guest service.
* Holds property leadership team accountable for strategy execution and guides their individual professional development.
* Support and communicate company goals and initiatives, promote company programs, and act as an ambassador of the company.
* Ensure the portfolio operations are functioning within the financial parameters established in the budget
* Hire qualified associates, assemble skilled and cohesive teams, manage individual and team performance, provide developmental opportunities and promote teamwork and cooperation.
* Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
* Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with the dress code.
* Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* At least two years General Manager experience, in full-service hotels of similar size and caliber.
* Experience from Hilton or Marriott brands are preferred. Successful candidate must possess excellent communication, leadership and computer skills.
* Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible hotel management experience.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience.
What to Expect
* Be part of a cohesive team with opportunities to build a successful career.
* Have the opportunity to engage in diverse and challenging work.
* Derive a sense of pride in work well done.
* Be recognized for excellence.
Equal access to programs, service, and employment is available to all persons. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, marital or veteran status, physical or mental disability, arrest record, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.