Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. .
One of the longest-standing hotels in Downtown L . A . , Hotel Figueroa recently completed a stunning restoration by award-winning design agency Studio Collective. Hotel Figueroa's fierce spirit is now matched with modern touches, all while respecting the property's original footprint and Spanish Colonial design.
The hotel boasts 268 rooms and suites, five F&B outlets and a landscaped courtyard featuring its iconic coffin-shaped pool. Hotel Figueroa's vibrant arts program include s rotating art exhibits showcasing the works of L . A . 's most compelling female artists - an homage to its founding in 1926 as the largest project to have been financed, owned and operated by women.
The Engineer, Level 1, is responsible for ensuring that the property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to customers and employees. Must have a flexible work schedule that might include weekends, holidays and evenings.
- M ake repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils, replace motors.
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, chillers, HVAC-Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, electrical, etc.).
- Take required readings on equipment.
- Test cooling tower and record readings.
- Replace and program televisions as needed.
- Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
- Perform furniture repair.
- Replace and repair pumps.
- Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers, change handles, drain fittings, etc).
- Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Trace and repair all types of water lines.
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
- Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
- Paint designated areas.
- Repair and finish sheet rock.
- Repair all types of wall coverings.
- Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.