Newrest Atlanta is seeking to hire an Assistant Manager-In-Flight Catering Kitchen, who will be responsible for ensuring that their area of work is completed timely with high quality for its assigned area. They do this by working with others and coordinating the employees' efforts, along with doing part of the work themselves. This individual will be working alongside production workers and help with maintain the process flow, quality, and other operational and personnel processes. The Production area consists of the hot and cold kitchen where meals are prepared, cooked, and packaged for inflight catering purposes.Essential Functions
- Assist the Production Manager in ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed and directed;
- Assist the Production Manager in ensuring food is produced and assembled in accordance with FDA, USDA, HACCP and airline specification.
- Assist the Production Manager in ensuring on-time and accurate production and/or catering of all flights;
- Assist the Production Manager in specific training and daily initiatives addressing quality, food safety, and sanitation issues to drive process improvements;
- Conduct work station inspections to verify compliance (USDA, HACCP, OSHA, etc.);Comply with the Production standards, efficiency, waste, overweight, etc.;
- Promote and maintain teamwork among employees.
- Assist the Production Manager in conducting Safety / Production meetings for subordinates
- Load carts and trolleys with platters, dishes, utensils, and containers.
- Collect serving trays and dispose plates in trays by following the instructions and guidelines.
- When loading trays into the trolleys, ensure they are placed appropriately within the frame of the rack.
- Assist in setting up and packaging special meals and ingredients.
- Complete defined packaging schedule as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Edit and organize labels outside and inside for the scheduled production of the day.
- Perform proper food packaging and storing based on safety requirements and customer's instructions.
- Tag every rack, tray, and trolley according to company's standards and processes.
- Ensure that left-over ingredients and packaging material are properly labelled and returned in the dry storage, cooler or packaging material storage.
- Follow all process control documentation.
- Bring trays and packaging material from the warehouse and waiting area.
- Ensure proper and timely recording of activities.
- Report any unsanitary practice and/or unsafe condition.
- Make sure trolleys are properly identified, secured and moved away from chemicals and hazardous substances.
- Follow all food safety, health and safety, company rules and standards.
- Regular and timely attendance is expected for the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 2 years' experience in similar position, preferably in food production
- Knowledge of international cooking, production presentation, menus redaction, processes set up and monitoring, staff training
- Good knowledge of HACCP & food safety standards
- Aptitude in showing self-initiative and follow-through
- Detail-oriented and ability to see high picture
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk and/or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is also required to frequently inspect the manufacturing floor and will be exposed to noise levels that may range from moderate to loud.Benefits
- Free lunch provided every day
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
With origins in Group Catair in 1996 and founded by its Co-CEO's Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With 2017 revenues under management of almost 1.8 Billion Euros and more than 30,800 employees world-wide in 49 countries, Newrest is also the first largest 'independent' airline caterer world-wide.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities.
Powered by JazzHR