WHY WORK FOR HIGH TIDE HOSPITALITY
We are committed to hiring diverse individuals and building a culture that is reflective of our core principles, including hospitality, curiosity, and community to name a few. We continually evaluate and enhance our benefits to show our appreciation for our team.
We are proud to offer competitive wages at high-volume restaurants, health benefits for FTE, flexible scheduling, employee / family meal discounts, gear and equipment benefits, confidential inquiries, and more.
Se habla español también!
ABOUT SEA LEVEL NC
Sea Level is a Carolina-centric raw bar and seafood restaurant located in the heart of Uptown. The restaurant is known for its commitment to responsibly-sourced seafood, especially products from the Carolina coast. The team is dedicated to celebrating the NC shoreline and the hardworking watermen/women who work it. The restaurant features a cozy, coastal Dining Room, an extensive wine list, craft cocktails, and interactive oyster bar with 8-10 varietals offered daily.
SOUS CHEF DESCRIPTION
The Sous Chef is the Executive Chef's right hand person. This role requires a skilled, sharp, and motivated individual looking to lead/coach a team while developing their own skillset. The top responsibility of this role is to ensure 100% food execution and accuracy for each and every Guest. However, there are creative opportunities to work alongside the Chef to develop features and new menu items. Those who enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment will thrive in this role. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- running the kitchen to the exact specifications of the Executive Chef
- having detailed knowledge of the main Menu and all other banquet menus that restaurant may have
- weekly scheduling of line cooks
- expedite the board on busy shifts
- be responsible for all equipment issues and to communicate that to all other chefs
- be the best cook in the kitchen (the ability to work any station if needed)
- exhibit punctuality and motivation to execute job tasks 110%
- be available to open or close for shifts, learning both open duties and closing duties
- be available to do off-site engagements and other in house major events
- assist the Executive Chef in doing the end of the month inventory
- desired characteristics: attention to detail, desire to learn, friendly but firm, quick on feet, patient, problem solver, passionate, self aware and motivated