We are a national real estate investment and development firm that owns, operates, and develops diversified properties in select core markets. We rely on our Guiding Principles to deliver the highest quality residential, commercial and resort properties to our customers. We have over $1B in assets including active investments in New York, California, Florida, South Carolina, and Texas. Our portfolio emphasizes luxury residences, mixed-use communities and resorts. We enjoy substantial capitalization and have a long-term commitment to becoming a pre-eminent real estate development firm in the United States.
JOB SUMMARY : The Associate will work directly with the Sr. Vice President of Operations supporting the full investment lifecycle of hospitality assets, including underwriting potential acquisitions, analyzing operating assets and asset managing active investments. Additionally, this position will process, coordinate, analyze, review, compile, and will conduct project research as related to the assigned developments and markets.
In this role, it will be required to work independently, have an analytical approach, be detailed oriented, able to multi-task, and effectively communicate with company executives. M ust be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. (S)he will have a wide variety of responsibilities including the following:
Main duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain internal investment models up to date for active hospitality investments and developments, most notably for Evermore Orlando Resort, a $1b+ development project in Orlando, FL.
- Support the SVP Operations in asset managing operating hospitality assets by gathering and analyzing operating data (such as income statements, STR reports and pace reports) to identify opportunities to maximize profitability and value of the hotels.
- Identify, analyze, and track asset value enhancement opportunities at operating hospitality assets.
- Research and maintain databases of key hospitality metrics, market trends, and financial data to support investment analyses.
- Track and analyze comparable and benchmark projects, their features, KPIs and financial data as available.
- Abstract earnings calls of key public hospitality companies for quarterly executive report.
- Research & analyze market data and operating performance of acquisition targets to provide strategic recommendations and pricing indications.
- May be assigned other duties that arise during the regular course of business based upon company need and her/his ability to perform them.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by manager.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills, knowledge, ability, experience, and education:
- 3+ years' experience in ownership, asset management, operations, or business development with a focus on hotels & hospitality real estate preferred.
- Bachelor's degree with preferred course curriculum focused on finance, business, and/or hospitality.
- Excellent critical reasoning, quantitative and analytical skills
- Great attention to detail, work ethic and administrative skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent editing, writing and communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with senior level executives.
- Self-starter with the ability to focus under pressure and comfortable meeting tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.