NeueHouse is the private workspace and cultural home for creators, innovators, and thought leaders. With iconic buildings, timeless design, thought-provoking cultural experiences, and elevated hospitality, NeueHouse has reimagined the ideal environment for creative potential and progress.Our Properties
NeueHouse currently operates across three different, but equally iconic properties in New York City and Los Angeles
- Our Madison Square (MSQ) House is situated in New York's iconic Flatiron District, was previously home for Tepper Galleries, a well-known Manhattan auction house for international artists and collectors in the 1930s - and neighbors the 69th Regiment Armory where the first International Exhibition of Modern Art was held.
- Our Hollywood House (HWD), which sits on Sunset Boulevard, is one of LA's most celebrated buildings and occupies the original CBS Studio (the world's first structure built intentionally for broadcast). Here genre- defining artists from Orson Wells and Lucille Ball, to Janis Joplin, the Beach Boys, and Bob Dylan built their legacy.
- Our Bradbury House (BB) sits within the Bradbury building in DTLA. Built in 1893, the Bradbury Building is an architectural masterpiece and one of Los Angeles' most historic landmarks. It has been heralded as one of the most thrilling spaces in all North America and is renowned for its breathtaking skylit atrium filled with walkways, stairs, balconies, and intricate ironwork.
These properties are complimented by forthcoming houses in Venice Beach, and Miami, as well as proposed European locations. Regardless of locale, and by deliberate design, all our environment and teams support, nurture and connect the NeueHouse community in reaching their creative potential.The Role
Key to the success of our growing F&B program, our servers creates innovative and outstanding service and drink experiences for our members and guests at NeueHouse. Reporting into the Food & Beverage Manager, servers are ambassadors for NeueHouse, exercising strong knowledge and specialization in coffee, tea, table and cocktail service.
Our servers represent NeueHouse by providing hospitality, warmth and grace in every interaction with our Members and their Guests, as well as the general public. Attentive, present but never intrusive, energizing and available, Servers find new opportunities to enhance our F&B experience and promotes the brand in an authentic fashion. NeueHouse's team is lean and operates with a mindset of "no task is too small." The Server must expect to manage through ambiguity and will need to be ready to support all departments in meeting the needs of the house.Requirements
Solution oriented and taking pride in the details, the Server builds, delivers and stewards the moments that define NeueHouse for Members, Guests and team - past, present, and future. The role requires someone who is ready to
- Consistently provide thoughtful and personal service with the goal to develop a rapport with members, and guests
- Ensure the Café counter and floor are set and ready for service
- Maintain the cleanliness and always restock equipment of the Café counter and floor.
- Pack down the Café counter and floor at the end of service
- Maintain thorough working knowledge of menus and be able to articulate to guests in an engaged and thoughtful manner.
- Proficient use of POS for ordering and billing purposes.
- Execution of the order of service in a timely and accurate manner with the goal of creating memorable service - we want Members and Guests to remember that cup of coffee!
- Execute the entire cycle of service thoroughly and efficiently from greeting to order taking to preparation to assembling to processing payment.
- Prepare all food and beverages to the standards of NeueHouse and our partners.
- Thorough working knowledge of all beverages coffee/tea/non-alcoholic/wines/beers/spirits.
- Communicating with prep kitchen to ensure areas are always fully stocked with food and beverage items, alerting the kitchen when running low on a particular item.
- Maintain cleanliness of areas, including all surfaces and equipment.
- Follow health, safety, and sanitation guidelines.
- Follow instruction, respond to management directions, and complete tasks on time.
- Develop and coordinate the organization of various areas of The Café and other F&B outlets on property.
- Competency in conversing with members, guests and potential members regarding Fotografiska and our various exhibitions, programs, pricing structure and amenities.
- A charismatic and articulate ambassador of the NeueHouse brand.
We are looking to connect with candidates who bring
- Proficient in brewing methods and espresso machine, etc.
- Must be able to lift and or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
- Amazing coffee knowledge and skill
- Attendance, Punctuality - consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. No regularity in call outs, saving call outs for emergencies only. The operation depends on these candidates being here and involved.
- Dependability - follows instructions, responds to management directions, and completes tasks on time.
- Impeccable Customer service - responds promptly to member needs, solicits feedback to improve service, and responds to all member requests (not just F & B related). "No" should never be in a candidate's vocabulary.
- Flourish while working against deadlines while having the ability to be self-motivated, pro-active and to find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Incredible teamwork with ability to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- Have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both members and colleagues.
- NeueHouse values diverse educational and training backgrounds in consideration of the role.
The health and well-being of our Members and staff has been our number one priority and the guiding force behind all our decisions as we open our doors. We encourage you to learn more about our commitment to safety by reading through the steps we have taken to ensure that all Members and teams feel safe, comfortable, and secure, going forward on our website.Diversity & Representation
NeueHouse is committed to building and supporting inclusive and representative communities, long-term career opportunities and extends Equal Employment Opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.