The successful candidate will be able to:
-Provide a warm, welcoming room that creates a memorable first impression
-Systematically and methodically move through a room to ensure every space is attended to
-Work safely and be physically prepared to repeatedly bend to make beds and clean bathrooms, carry linens, towels, and trash and push and pull to vacuum
-Prioritize assignment for rooms not ready and early check-ins
-Read rooming list and know the procedures for various Marriott guests
Previous cleaning experience preferred, Conversational English beneficial.
Casa Monica Resort & Spa benefits include; medical, dental, life insurance options, disability options and even pet insurance! As part of the Marriott Autograph Collection, you are also entitled to employee discounts at Marriott Hotels and Resorts around the world. We provide free parking and discounted employee meals. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuinely warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests' privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Bring all dirty linen from guest rooms to the laundry area to be washed
- Transfer clean linen from the laundry room to the guest rooms
- Remove trash from guest rooms and dispose of according to specifications
- Make beds, dust rooms to include but not limited to furniture, fixtures, artwork, baseboards, and window sills, vacuum floors, clean bathrooms, empty trash and refresh towels according to the specifications outlined in the standard operating procedures
- Place all items, including and not limited to furniture, throws, pillows, appliances, glassware, plates, silverware, bathroom supplies, and amenities in the proper location and to the specifications outlined in the standard operating procedure
- Maintain organization and supply of cleaning products and linen
- Maintain neat and orderly storage closets
- Use software program to communicate any deficiencies in rooms and hallways, including but not limited to remote controls, TVs, light bulbs, plumbing, and repairs
- Work efficiently in order to meet daily requirements
- Respond promptly to questions, concerns, and special requests. The follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Solve problems proficiently
- Secure lost items according to the specifications
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of equipment and property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
- Ability to perform all Room Attendant-related tasks and proficiently use job-related tools and equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgment and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize and multi-task
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High school diploma, General Education Degree, or related training equivalent- required
- Minimum of 6 months of relevant work experience in similar scope and title - required
- Ability to communicate in the English language - preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, stand, stoop, bend and crouch up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.