Kitchen Manager Overview:
Byte to Bite Industries is a fast-growing operator of Restaurant and Culinary Centers (kitchens) in the Los Angeles Metro area. We are at the epicenter of food delivery takeout/pickup and the trend often referred to as 'Ghost' or 'Cloud Kitchens'. Our unprecedented growth provides unique opportunities for a few exceptional, talented and ambitious candidates to join our team.
We have determined the needs for a Kitchen Manager at our various soon-to-open Cheebo Express locations to be directly responsible for all kitchen functions including food purchasing, preparation and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training of employees in methods of cooking, preparation, plate presentation, portion and cost control and sanitation and cleanliness. .
This location is focused on achieving a high level of client and guest satisfaction every day. A Byte to Bite Industries team member must be self-motivated, hardworking and focused individual. This is a high-volume, fast-paced kitchen that requires strong team members working together. We seek qualified candidates who share the values and the desire to create a warm and professional hospitality environment.
- 3-5 years recent experience, including 2 years supervisory experience
- Flexibility to work and ability to stay calm in a fast paced environment
- Experience managing a kitchen and leading a team
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings
- Dedication to excellent food quality and ensuring compliance with all health and safety, and safe food handling practices
- Team player
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining kitchen personnel in coordination with HR as appropriate, using best practices and ensuring legal compliance.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees, as well as continuous training and spot-checking techniques to create a culture of accountability. Ensures team is set-up for success
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure opening and closing tasks are consistently completed as required and appropriate checklists are completed.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the company preventative maintenance programs. Oversee cleaning schedules for floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items.
- Ensure that all products are ordered according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant's receiving policies and procedures.
- Control and oversee procedures to track and control store costs; labor, food, waste to ensure profitability of the store without sacrificing guest experience.