The ideal candidate for this position will succeed in this role if they have both knowledge and technical depth about the company and the industry. This is essential as they will be a central person in the decision making process, working with multiple individuals across different teams when necessary. As a result, they will also be overseeing specific personnel.
The Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations, special event execution and staff moral. Provide a positive work environment, encouraging teamwork and cooperation. Work collaboratively with the all management including the executive team and owners. All duties are to be performed in accordance with Cold Beer Entertainment Group policies, practices, procedures, dress code and service standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment and move through high volume crowds efficiently and respectfully.
- Greet guests and employees.
- Ensure the inventory is tracked and managed according to business volumes.
- Develop the staff to provide excellent service to guests. This includes setting expectations and hold employees accountable to greet and interact with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust and delighting guests, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences.
- Ability to remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset.
- Take ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
- Demonstrate cooperation, approachability, and take time to listen to and address others' questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
- The ability to work safely and maintain a safe environment for employees. This includes clearly understanding and following company safety policies and procedures, completing work in a safe manner, caring about safety of self and others, responding appropriately in an emergency, and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Promote a lively bar atmosphere and encourage patrons to participate.
- Participate in marketing campaigns and assist with daily social media postings and content.
- Knowledge of beverages on the menu, including characteristics of wine, liquor brands, beer, designated glassware, terminology, and garnishes.
- Ensure compliance with Company alcohol service and identification policies.
- Ensure the employees meet the alcohol serving requirements as dictated by the state.
- Host and facilitate shift and staff meetings.
- Maintain professionalism and a friendly and approachable demeanor throughout shift.
- Investigates and resolves complaints concerning beverage quality and service.
- Ensures consistent, high quality service standards are maintained.
- Establishes training programs that ensure a high-quality guest experience.
- Monitors and maintains beverage cost control methods and procedures.
- Provides adequate training and tools for employees so they may effectively perform necessary job duties.
- Ensures that all areas are kept clean and in proper condition to provide a safe working environment for employees.
- Responsible for the proper scheduling of employees to ensure a high level of guest service while maintaining control of labor costs.
- Supervises beverage employees including maintaining proper employee/employer relations, recognition, evaluating performance and administering discipline.
- Trains, counsels and coaches assigned personnel in the performance of their duties; prepares and presents performance feedback.
- Performs duties as assigned, always presenting oneself to uphold the relationships and image of Cold Beer Entertainment Group and encourages others to do the same.
- Must be 21 years or older and have at least three years' experience in beverage management or related field.
- College degree preferred.
- Must have a TABC card.
- Must be effective in both verbal and written communication in English.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to serve the guest and employees with a Southern Hospitality style of service.
- Willingness to work a varying schedule, which may include late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Thorough knowledge of country music, past and present, as well as blues and Southern rock, and ability to recognize notable country music performers to ensure they are treated consistent with Company policies.
- Highly motivated individual with solid work ethic.
- Solid knowledge of beer, spirits, wine and mixed drinks.
- Management skills.
- Skilled at creating schedules.
- Possess strong judgment skills and effective listening abilities.
This position requires regular attendance; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must have ability to work in a loud and smoky environment.
Note: The job description reflects the assignment of the essential functions of the current position, but does not prescribe or restrict tasks that may be assigned. The essential functions are specified, but are subject to change at any time for various reasons, including management discretion.
Note: Cold Beer Entertainment Group reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
Note: Cold Beer Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.