Located on the 5th floor of the Austin Proper Hotel, La Piscina is a convivial poolside restaurant and bar serving Texas-inspired Mexican cuisine. The vibrant, open space overlooks the downtown Austin bustle as groups convene over family-style platters, ceviches and table-top sizzling fajitas, with fresh seafood grilled over a wood fire and house-made tortillas from an open comal. The bar provides an accompanying selection of frozen margaritas, native Mexican spirits, small-batch tequila & mezcal as well as an assortment of outdoor-friendly snacks.
The busser serves guests by setting tables; placing and replacing silverware; keeping beverage glasses full; adhering to sanitation and safety policies; clearing and cleaning tables, chairs, and environment.
- Prepares dining room for guests by cleaning and clothing tables; setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation and safety policies.
- Maintains menu presentation by keeping menus clean; replacing damaged or soiled pages; cleaning chalkboards; lettering specials on chalkboards.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Supports wait staff by setting-up and replenishing condiment stands, trash containers liners, and bus stations.
- Closes dining facility by cleaning chairs and tables; sweeping and/or vacuuming floors; removing trash and recyclables from the facility.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in staff training opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- 1+ years of experience as a Busser in a café, restaurant or hotel
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must be service-oriented and a team player
- Knowledgeable of the practices within the Food & Beverage/Hospitality industry
- Flexible schedule - Willing and able to work shift duties that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Proper Hospitality is made up of a diverse group of passionate individuals who share a common love for hotels and the art of hospitality. Our philosophy is simple: There is a right way to do things and anything less just isn't proper. We are seeking out the best of the best from inside and outside of the industry to work alongside us as we grow a new kind of lifestyle Hospitality Company inspired by a centuries-old tradition. The work is challenging and fast-paced, but rewarding above all.
Proper Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other federal/state protected category.
Proper Hospitality will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Chance Hiring Ordinances.