Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen functions.
Knife is the highly celebrated restaurant created by nationally acclaimed, James Beard-nominated and Bravo's "Top Chef " contestant Chef John Tesar for The Highland Dallas. It was recently named "Best Steakhouse" in Dallas, Texas, by D Magazine.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HEI Hotels and Resorts standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
The Highland Dallas is upscale yet thoroughly unstuffy ambiance and service. Sophisticated luxury merged with a casual, live-in-the-moment spirit; all created to delight passionate travelers seeking a unique adventure with every stay. Think of us as "high end without a trace of highbrow." We are seeking associates who are passionate about exceeding guest expectations, playing as a team, and the art of hospitality. We offer our associates competitive benefits including hotel discounts for Hilton and HEI Hotels, on site complimentary parking, one complimentary meal per shift, discounted public transportation options, discounted dining at Knife Restaurant, and medical/dental/vision/401K.We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.