The host/hostess position's overall objective is to provide hospitable service to our guests to enhance the guest experience. The incumbent is responsible for answering the telephones professionally and friendly, greeting guests warmly and sincerely when they arrive at the restaurant, seating guests gracefully using the appropriate standards, and handling any special requests guests may have without hesitation. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the company's mission, core values, standards, and goals. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuinely warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette
- Maintain the integrity of the guests' privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Ensure proper ambiance to include lighting and music
- Coordinate flow of the dining room to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons
- Escort guests to tables and provide menus
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of menu items and answer questions
- Clears and resets tables at conclusion of each course
- Make reservations in the property management system
- Contact guests/parties before arrival to confirm reservations
- Complete opening and closing procedures as well as daily side-work
- Proficiently utilizes the property management systems and follow cash handling procedures
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of all office equipment, property management systems, and access according to specifications
- Maintain a neat and organized work area to include adhering to sanitation standards according to state law and health codes
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
- Knowledge of guest service etiquette and proper food and beverage serving techniques
- Ability to perform all host-related tasks and proficiently use job-related software, property management systems, and office equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgment and effectively solve problems
- Ability to work quickly, prioritize, and maintain service at multiple tables at a time
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Ability to demonstrate cash handling procedures and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, upgrades, and percentages
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High school diploma, GED Degre
- e, or related training equivalent - required
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
- Student or graduate of hotel management - preferred
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, and stand and walk up to 8 hours daily.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane, or other means of transportation, which require sitting, waiting, and standing for long and short periods of time.