JOB SUMMARY: Provides prompt and courteous food and beverage service to restaurant guests while maximizing sales and guest satisfaction.
* Describes all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed.
* Accommodates any special requests that the kitchen is able to deliver for the guest.
* Up-sells established menu items or specials to maximize food and beverage revenues.
* Serves menu items to guests in a prompt and courteous manner and according to established service standards.
* Performs pre- and post-shift side work; stock service station, makes coffee, etc.
* Forwards customer payments to cashier for completion of the transaction; receives change from cashier and returns change promptly to guest.
* May assist Greeter/ Cashier with greeting and seating guests; may assist busperson with clearing table and filling glasses.
* Responds quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
* Follows company policies and procedures.
* MUST be able to work a flexible shift that includes: Days, Afternoon, Nights and Weekends. Plus, work Holidays as well, if needed.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Prior food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations, preferably in a four or five star restaurant or hotel
* Micros experience helpful
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at one time
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure
* Basic math skills for cash handling
* Although this position primarily works the dinner shift, must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, weekends and holidays
* Ability to walk and stand for extended periods, speak, hear, talk, reach, bend, grasp, and perform repetitive motions
* Ability to p