The overall objective and purpose of the Cook 1 position are to prepare food for the restaurant, bar, Grand Performer meals, and banquets. The incumbent is responsible for preparing quality food and pleasing presentations, and meeting food handling and quality assurance standards. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the company's mission, core values, standards, and goals. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuinely warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature.
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette.
- Maintain the integrity of the guests' privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Prepares all food items as directed.
- Wash dishes, glassware, and silverware
- Wash pots, pans, and trays
- Maintain a clean and organized pantry and coolers
- Clean countertops and walls, mop floors
- Segregate and remove trash and garbage and place it in designated containers
- Regularly empty garbage containers
- Rinse out and wash garbage cans
- Sort bottles, plastics, and other recyclable items
- Stack clean dishes and transfer equipment to the proper storage area
- Follow recipes and properly and efficiently prepare and present all food items to be served, including accommodating special guests' requests.
- To communicate the need for goods to be ordered to kitchen leadership.
- To follow all specifications and to properly set up hot and cold line stations.
- To communicate all guest requests to an appropriate leader in a timely and professional manner.
- To be able to read, understand and produce promptly.
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of menu items.
- Maintain a neat and organized work area to include adhering to sanitation standards according to state law and health codes.
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance according to standards
- Comply with all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe conditions
- To comply with company and departmental safety rules and regulations, including the property handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- To attend all training and meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training as directed.
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
- Basic knowledge of production and operations in all relevant kitchen areas.
- Must be familiar with proper use and cleaning of relevant kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Ability to effectively communicate and multi-task
- Proficient in handling knives and culinary tools
- Basic knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as POS (point of sale) systems
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Culinary degree or related training equivalent in the Hospitality/Restaurant Industry - required
- 1 year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
- Food Safety Manager certification - preferred or attained within 30 days
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to push, pull and lift up to 40lbs daily.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane, or other means of transportation, which require sitting, waiting, and standing for long and short periods of time.