Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Aurora we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
* $2000 Sign On Bonus!* Server
Your daily responsibilities include
* Deliver internal and external guest service in accordance with company service standards
* Performs all duties in a polite, professional, and responsible manner, including but not limited to immediately alerting management of guests who are intoxicated, unruly or disruptive, as well as strictly enforcing the minimum age policy
* Communicate accurate detail of all menu items and preparation methods as necessary
* Operating a POS system
* Assists with overall room functions by performing duties that include cleaning, bussing, and resetting tables, menus, and rolling silverware as needed
* Maintains a clean and stocked workstation in accordance with established health and safety guidelines
* Attends departmental and company meetings as required
* Performs all job functions in conjunction with the guidelines described in the department standard operating procedures manual
* Other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
* Must be 21 years of age
* High school completion or equivalent required
* At least 2 to 3 years of high-volume service experience preferred
* Ability to maintain HCA identified responsible alcohol and food service certification
* Point of Sale, cash/credit handling experience required
* Ability to read, write, comprehend, and speak English
* Ability to perform basic mathematical operations, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts, including discounts; able to apply to practical situations using fractions, percentages, and problem solving
* Ability to stand and walk while carrying a serving tray, weighing up to 25 pounds, throughout an 8-hour shift.
* Ability to describe and upsell/suggest specials, menu items, document and comprehend drink and food orders and communicate effectively to the kitchen and servers.
* Ability to engage guests in college and professional sports, sports wagering and the "Barstool Brand" (social media, apps, podcasts, etc.)
* Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment
* Ability to understand and perform duties in accordance with:
* Hollywood Casino Aurora Core Values
* Departmental, property and company policies and standards
* Internal Controls
* Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
* This position requires working in a fast-paced environment that is subject to varying levels of noise and crowds
* Physical mobility with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 pounds
Something to leave you with
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer