Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Gulf Coast, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
* Provides friendly and efficient service to guests during check in/check out procedures.
* Make and confirm advance reservations and assist guest with problems or questions.
* Obtains information necessary to guarantee rooms (i.e. identification, credit card verification etc.).
* Assists guests with any problems, questions, or future room reservations.
* Performs Front Desk, Call Center, and other hotel related duties when necessary.
* Keeps Hotel Services Supervisor informed of any problems.
* Employees who work grave shift must perform Night Audit duties and complete and Flash Report in a correct and timely manner.
* To answer all reservation inquiries in a manner set forth in policy procedure. This will include assisting guests warranting complimentary accommodations responding patrons to special events.
* Maximize resort revenues by selling reservations based on predetermined rate strategies.
* To accurately enter all reservations into the computer system based on set policy and procedure.
* Provide information to guests regarding local services and events.
* Assists the Player Development team with all reservations and requests.
* Perform group block management, the entering of rooming lists, inventory control, coordination of casino reservations, checking resort room arrivals, and maintaining a professional relationship with all departments associated with the resort.
* To make recommendations to "yield management" strategies.
* Verifies duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
* Assigns and assists customers with an RV site.
* Remains current on all casino activities and assists guests with all inquiries.
* Collects and accounts for all RV site revenue.
* Responsibilities may include carrying out routine duties that occur while working at the Marina.
* Answers phone and assists with clerical tasks.
* Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with the customers and fellow team members.
* Any and duties as assigned by your Manager or a member of management.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel front desk experience preferred
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team members.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Must be able to obtain a Mississippi Gaming License.
* Keyboarding skills required. AS400 and LMS software knowledge preferred.
* Excellent customer service and communication skills. Good math and money handling skills.
* While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to stand; sit and reach with hands and arms. The team member is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Something to leave you with
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer