Experience Culinary Artistry at The Gallery Restaurant
Gallery Restaurant at The Ballantyne in Charlotte specializes in a progressively Southern approach to new American cuisine. Driven by modern culinary techniques, Gallery's culinary team is committed to creating delicious and beautiful cuisine featuring fresh ingredients.The restaurant's comfortable ambiance is enhanced with a gallery feel by a captivating art exhibit from Awaken Gallery.
Under the direction of the Director of Restaurants & Bars, manages the daily operations of the Forbes four-star Gallery restaurant, In Room Dining, and other F&B outlets to achieve guest satisfaction, quality service, and compliance with company, franchise and Forbes standards while meeting or exceeding financial goals.
* Supervises the operations of the restaurant, in room dining, bars, afternoon tea, seasonal outdoor pool and/or other F&B outlets during shift to maintain smooth operations and guest satisfaction.
* Interviews, trains, and coaches Bartenders, Servers, Server Assistants, and In Room Dining Attendants. Assists team members during busy periods.
* Assists the Director of Restaurants & Bars with team member recognition, performance evaluations, and discipline.
* Develops and assists in creating and implementing hotel and franchise programs and promotional events.
* Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including OSHA and health department regulations.
* Conducts daily pre-shift meetings to discuss F&B related information, such as daily specials.
* Responds quickly to and resolves guest requests in a friendly and professional manner. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
* Conducts monthly liquor and supplies inventories.
* Monitors sanitation of F&B outlets to ensure compliance with OSHA and health department regulations
* Acts as a Forbes and Marriott brand champion by conducting training, acting as a role model and enforcing standards.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field preferred
* 4+ years of related management experience, preferably in a Forbes 4 or 5 star restaurant or hotel
* Micros experience helpful
Skills & Abilities
* Strong leadership skills
* Thorough knowledge of restaurant/hotel practices and procedures
* Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
* Ability to manage multiple job priorities at same time
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
* Ability to bend, walk and move about for extended periods, talk, hear, stand, sit, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions
* Ability to push, pull