Join a great team where people and patients are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for UCHealth Highlands Ranch Hospital located in Highlands Ranch, CO.
This is a high impact, high visibility position that is responsible for enhancing our patient satisfaction and retail customer dining experience through culinary creativity, food presentation and overall leadership presence at this outstanding account. We are looking for a dynamic, hands-on candidate to increase the appeal of our culinary program.
Must have financial savvy to understand inventory, purchasing, cost controls, and menus. This Executive Chef will oversee a team of 8-10 cooks and prep staff. We are seeking candidates with excellent client and customer-facing service skills, the ability to multi-task, and the ability to lead other employees in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be detail-oriented and committed to the highest level of customer service.
The successful candidate will:
* directly manage retail food, patient feeding, and catering
* maintain chef/manager schedules; cover chefs/manager schedule as needed;
* be responsible for yearly evaluation and goals for chefs and managers through the use of Ingenium;
* implement and standardize all culinary systems and procedures for hospital: Catering, Retail menus, LTO's, STG, Mindful, garnishing, panning charts, production, puree standardization, FMS sheets, inventory control, HACCP, cleaning schedules, staffing plans, presentation and quality of food, kitchen cleanliness, safety, etc. Sodexo standards will be the benchmark;
* monitor, audit, implement and standardize new menus;
* be responsible for Food and Physical Safety and annual training for all hourly associates;
* conduct audits, create action plans based on audit findings and be responsible for keeping and updating GC audit books;
* work with vendors on procurement items; be responsible for purchasing manager and purchasing financial audits;
* continue sustainability program with the direction of Director of Culinary Operations;
* conduct yearly culinary foundations training to all cooks;
* improve and standardize catering and banquet services, create menus based on client needs;
* implement innovative and fresh ideas in retail, catering and patient services; and/or
* create interpersonal relationships with clients in hospital.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
* a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
* excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
* high end catering and dining experience and a passion for culinary arts;
* experience with authentic global cuisine (highly desirable);
* a strong production culinary background, ideally in an up-scale restaurant/retail/catering environment;
* demonstrated experience leading and engaging a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset;
* menu planning experience and a strong understanding of current culinary trends;
* the ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers;
* the ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high-standards driven environment;
* a strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts;
* the ability to successfully lead, develop and train a team;
* the ability to creatively and effectively problem-solve and manage projects;
* proficient computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills;
* Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits; and/or
* C.E.C. (Certified Executive Chef) a plus.
Learn more about UCHealth Highlands Ranch Hospital at more about Sodexo's Benefits Not the job for you? At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.Working for Sodexo:At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience Basic Management Experience - 2 years Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.