Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 3 for Vanderbilt University Medical Center located in Nashville, TN. VUMC is known for its highly acclaimed teaching hospital and its groundbreaking efforts in electronic medical records. Its health care providers see more than 1.6 million patients each year and its hospitals perform more than 35,000 surgical procedures and see 65,000 patients in its Emergency Room.
The Executive Chef will be responsible for the overall operation of the patient feeding and sanitation area; to include safety program, ordering of food and supplies, employee scheduling, training and development for 26 employees. Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate for this position will have previous experience in managing a unit, training and developing a frontline staff and strong client relations. Strong customer service skills and employee engagement skills required. Join this Sodexo team where patients are the heart of everything we do!
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
We are looking for candidates who will:
* manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
* ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
* manage food costing, controls and compliance;
* develop menus and manage inventory;
* have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
* have the ability and willingness to develop and train front-line employees;
* have a passion for food and innovation;
* have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
* knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
* a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
* excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
* previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
* strong management skills.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution. Key Duties- Implements & coordinates the culinary function. - Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.- Manages catering & retail areas.- Customer & Client satisfaction.- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.