City Experiences is seeking a Server Assistant for our Hornblower Cruises & Events operation in San Francisco.
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you're an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise? The successful Server Assistant aids servers in the prompt delivery and removal of food and beverage items, is hospitable and cordial to guests and coworkers, acts safely and responsibly, and is knowledgeable about the vessel and the skyline.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers as prescribed in our Respect Service System (RSS)
* Provide guests with water, coffee/tea, and bread service throughout the meal
* Bus used and unneeded dishes and glassware from guests tables to galley
* Scrape and stack dirty dishes, and carry dishes and other tableware to the galley for cleaning
* Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas and service stations; clean up spilled food, drink and broken dishes, and remove empty bottles and trash
* Set up and break down dining room and service stations as prescribed; this requires movement of dining cabin furniture
* Provide information to guests including menu descriptions, order of service, entertainment options, cruise route and points of interest
* Be prepared to begin work at scheduled time
* Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards
* Assist with the warm and efficient greeting and seating of guests when they arrive
* Other duties as assigned by the manager or supervisor on duty
Requirements & Qualifications:
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* Must meet minimum state age requirements
* Previous restaurant experience preferred
* Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential
* Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers
* Must possess a service orientation - actively looking for ways to help others
* Will work for extended periods of time without sitting
* Required to lift furniture and other heavy items such as bus tubs up and down stairs
* Will be required to be available for work on all major holidays
* Per US Coast Guard requirement, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.