NOW GATHERING APPLICATIONS FOR AQSC 2021 SEASON START UPS
In addition to the application process please copy and paste the link below into a separate browser window for consideration.
The Purser is primarily responsible for handling administrative functions and serving as hotel Front Desk staff, performing all essential duties listed below. This position may also serve in the Gift Shop handling all applicable duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Primary responsibility is to serve as Front Desk hotel staff, performing similar duties.
* Answering calls promptly and ensuring complete and accurate information
* Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments and personnel
* Through experiential exposure in ports of call, must provide in-depth tour and port information to guest
* Act as a shipboard concierge when appropriate.
* Utilize onboard PMS to input guest feedback and monitor guest onboard account
* Maintains cash bank for handling all cash transactions and must provide safe audit to chief purser on a weekly basis.
* Create and distribute all financial reports, including but not limited to, daily revenue, voids, open checks, gratuities and posting and payment journal
* Reconcile daily receipts with posting journal
* Create and distribute guest communications, including but not limited to, information request letters, invitations, debark questionnaires, guest surveys, and disembarkation luggage tags and letters
* Participate and ensure participation of all USCG mandated drills and emergency procedures as directed
* Performs other duties if required since above stated describe only a regular working day and may not be inclusive of every task needed to achieve results.
Requirements & Qualifications
* HS Diploma or Equivalent Required
* Some college preferred.
* Professional Certification(s) or License:
* Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) - if applicable, and/or ability to obtain and maintain
* Valid Driver's License
* Copy of DD214, if Veteran status
* Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be fluent in English
* Ability to interact with individuals at all levels in a pleasant and professional manner
* Proficiency with MS Office applications and POS systems
* Ability to train and supervise employees
* Logically and independently plan, organize and complete work assignments
* Must maintain a neat, clean and professional appearance
* 3-5 years of experience in position with similar duties and responsibilities
* Hotel front desk experience required
* Cruise industry experience preferred
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
* Submit to and pass alcohol and drug tests as mandated by the USCG including but not limited to pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion and post-accident/incident testing.
At Hornblower Group and American Queen Steamboat Company, our mission is to create amazing experiences - not only for our guests, but our employees. Our company values (RESPECT) and operating principles (Hornblower 12) allow us to live out our mission of creating amazing experiences.
RESPECT stands for: Respect, Environment, Safety First, Professionalism, Exceed, Communication and Teamwork. Our Operating Principles, known as the Hornblower 12 demonstrate the ways we promise to engage to live those values:
* We treat others - guests and fellow crew members alike - with Respect, by fostering a diverse and inclusive environment.
* We are stewards of the Environment through practicing conservation, protection and education.
* We believe in Safety First by creating and maintaining a safe and secure workplace.
* We are Professional, and will demonstrate that in the following ways:
* We are on time - to start and stop - and we come prepared.
* We make objective data- and logic-based decisions with limited emotion.
* We prioritize by making difficult trade-offs and fast, quality decisions. We follow the 80:100 rule, making decisions that are at least 80% right, but 100% actionable.
* We Exceed expectations, embracing these principles:
* As employees, we expect to win, but always prepare and passionately compete like an underdog.
* We strive to innovate and reinvent, always looking forward and not stuck in the past.
* We value Communication, by following guiding principles:
* We listen to each other - fellow crew members and guests - and are responsive, vehemently following the 24-hour rule.
* We are transparent and efficient in our processes and do not entertain politics and bureaucracy.
* Teamwork helps drive us towards success, and together we embody teamwork by:
* We function as a team, playing our role and trusting our teammates.
* We work hard but have fun and don't take ourselves too seriously.
* And most importantly, we take the time to recognize and celebrate our successes together under the Hornblower family!
American Queen Steamboat Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, the Company participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.