Data Steward will provide oversight for the use, management, and integrity of the data across its lifecycle with a focus on improving siloed approaches do data, supporting the overarching Enterprise's mission and goals, providing value, minimizing risk and complying with applicable regulations, accreditation, and legal standards.
The Data Steward will work closely with business process owners, accountability points in business and operations and data custodians in IT to ensure that corporate data governance processes are followed for their respective subject-areas and domains.
The candidate will have operating within change management processes for data models and data sourcing/distribution channels. The candidate will have experience with custom built and/or vendor products that support the governance process e.g. data dictionaries, logical and physical lineage tracing to establish provenance, governance workflow.
Ensures adhering to global and local regulatory requirements regarding data privacy, cross-border and security (e.g. BCBS, CCAR, GDPR, CCPA). The candidate will have understanding of data security and compliance concerns, policies and patterns in highly regulated industries e.g. financial and health
* An expert understanding of information management practices including information lifecycle management, data modelling, master data management and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering
* The candidate has a deep level of understanding of the business requirements that drive data quality, translating those requirements into quality rules and decomposing those rules to properly place their execution in the data flow.
* Experience in leading a data governance program with specialist knowledge of data governance principles and practices
* Strong ability to extract information by questioning, active listening and interviewing
* An understanding of relevant statutory frameworks applying to data governance such as the CCPA, GDPR, CCAR, BCBS, Data Protection Act
* Excellent program and project management skills both waterfall and Agile e.g. Scrum
* Experience of requirements gathering for data warehouse or similar data systems
* Data analysis skills with the capability of identifying data quality issues and correlating those issues with data specifications and quality rules
* Understanding of the principles of IT security and data protection
* Experience using agile project management tools such as Jira
* Experience working within the information/records management discipline
* Experience in the financial services industry with a focus on Private Banking/Wealth Management
* Experience with data governance, master data management, quality and lineage tools e.g. Collibra, IBM MDM, Tibco EBX, Solidatus, GlobalIDs, ASG